A question for the leftists

How so? If one asks where the N-word came from, would it be bad if the history of it was explained?

I don't know but by virtue of the fact that both you and I are using the "n word" instead of the actual word suffices to destroy the context argument. There is no context where a black person will hear that from a white person and say, it's in context so ok. Please.

I don't know but by virtue of the fact that both you and I are using the "n word" instead of the actual word suffices to destroy the context argument. There is no context where a black person will hear that from a white person and say, it's in context so ok. Please.

I rarely spell it fully out of respect for others, especially Damocles. Other posters just don't give a single fuck. That is the reason why CFM is banned.

Many people will always feel more comfortable among their own ethnic group.

If they're not seeking to deny others equal status under the law, it's racism of social preference
but not as malignant as those who would deny others equal status other the law.

All people who don't blatantly forfeit it are entitled to basic human respect.

Who you 'like," on the other hand, is your business.

I myself would admit that my own closer relationships with African Americans, this including a college girlfriend,
were mostly with African Americans who were similar to me in demeanor and such.

If they were very Afro-centric in demeanor, I certainly didn't hate them by any means,
but I'd be less likely to mingle comfortably, partially on the basis of feeling unwelcome myself.

Maybe I am not explaining it right. LOL.

It's like with the Confederate flags. Those flags are not racist by themselves, only when people make them so.

Well you said you don't spell it out out of respect for others. Correct? If that's the case then context is irrelevant because if you were just explaining the history of the word as you suggested then the context is educational and therefore there would be no reason to avoid spelling it out.

Well if a person puts a Confederate flag in their front yard and someone else complains about it who then is making it out to be racist? The person who put it up or the person who complained?

Well you said you don't spell it out out of respect for others. Correct? If that's the case then context is irrelevant because if you were just explaining the history of the word as you suggested then the context is educational and therefore there would be no reason to avoid spelling it out.

Correct. There is no reason to avoid spelling it out when it's educational or some other reason.

Well if a person puts a Confederate flag in their front yard and someone else complains about it who then is making it out to be racist? The person who put it up or the person who complained?

I don't know about the person who put it up but yeah the person who complained makes it racist.

Correct. There is no reason to avoid spelling it out when it's educational or some other reason.

I don't know about the person who put it up but yeah the person who complained makes it racist.

But neither you nor i dare use anything but the n word in this context and likely neither of us will ever use it in any context. Therefore I submit the context argument is irrelevant.

Correct but generally those who complain press the agenda. They have no basis for claiming it's racist other than their own opinion and believe therefore that what they believe is true. That's the problem.

But neither you nor i dare use anything but the n word in this context and likely neither of us will ever use it in any context. Therefore I submit the context argument is irrelevant.

Correct but generally those who complain press the agenda. They have no basis for claiming it's racist other than their own opinion and believe therefore that what they believe is true. That's the problem.

People who put the flags up or flying them being blatantly racist is the problem as well. It adds to the perception.

As I have stated, they were old timers. WWII soldiers cursed and used slur words, especially against their enemies all the time. And I am pretty sure you know about them sailors. Ask our resident JPP Captain.

Context matters because without contexts, how can one judge accurately?

"Context matters because without contexts, how can one judge accurately, should pretty much end that thread

BTW to say the context argument is irrelevant doesn't mean I don't agree with you that its important but it's not generally a factor in public discourse.

I don't disagree but how is that determined?

As I have stated, context. :D

cInzb3s.jpg

Ok fine, do any experiment and put a Confederate flag on your front lawn and see if anyone rings the doorbell to ask you if youre conducting an experiment before they spray paint "RACIST" on your house.

I've never heard of it being a problem, at least here in this city. Except possibly if the person is a known racist.

My father was a veteran of WW II and used every derogatory name for people from all cultures. I never heard him use the n word so cannot say if he ever did use it or not. But here's my question, he taught me to judge everyone based on their behavior and not how they looked, so was he a racist?

If you are an adult, maybe you should start to act like one.

I've never heard of it being a problem, at least here in this city. Except possibly if the person is a known racist.

Ok so put a confederate battle flag on your lawn and let me know what happens. Lots of people flying the confederate flag for decoration there where you live?

Back