APP - Above Plain Politics

Hello montgomery,

It's working very well so far, regardless of what the spammers try to destroy it. And this thread is a refuge that I've created expressly for exchanging ideas on the APP section.

As is made obvious by the title: Above Plain Politics

Actually, this forum should be JPP, Just Plain Politcs.

The one with flames should be PWF.

Politics With Flames

Hello montgomery,

Actually, this forum should be JPP, Just Plain Politcs.

The one with flames should be PWF.

Politics With Flames

I can't see that happening under the current staff but there's always hope. A slow stomping down on the bad behaviour could go a long way and it would be very good for the forum. But right now, this forum is a reflection of Trump's indecency and so we'll have to seek refuge in our safe place. The APP section. I think the staff will allow it to continue and build? It's no skin off their backs and it will eventually pay benefits to them in my opinion.

Be sure to keep your discussions on the APP section on this thread, which is intended for that purpose. It appears that the rule of staying on topic is going to be strictly adhered to on the APP section, at least for us and the other few we are in tune with politically.

I was baffled as to why there were some threads still where only right-wing extremists were taking part, but then I realised the obvious - they are, as always, arranging to talk only to themselves.

I was baffled as to why there were some threads still where only right-wing extremists were taking part, but then I realised the obvious - they are, as always, arranging to talk only to themselves.
just out of curiosity, why didn't you go and talk to them?......

There is something off about this poster. Something doesn’t smell right. That is why he/she is dead to me

The sock thing on this site is pretty strong, so I just assume that newer members are not so new. Lefties tend to all sound about the same here, so I just treat them all as if they were the same individual. One lefty with hundreds of socks.

I think it's good to allow them to keep to themselves a bit. We can read and learn what's bothering them and why they have this all consuming hate for leftists such as me. And you too I think?

In any case, they've been very helpful in helping to make this section of the forum much more interesting than the open section which they have turned into a complete waste of time. And for me, demeaning to even read for the most part. I'm sure it makes you feel somewhat dirty too when it gets over the top with the worst rabid right culprits.

I think it's good to allow them to keep to themselves a bit. We can read and learn what's bothering them and why they have this all consuming hate for leftists such as me. And you too I think?

In any case, they've been very helpful in helping to make this section of the forum much more interesting than the open section which they have turned into a complete waste of time. And for me, demeaning to even read for the most part. I'm sure it makes you feel somewhat dirty too when it gets over the top with the worst rabid right culprits.

We have nasties here, but, by and large racism isn't their main thing. The US had slavery to justify, which was done in terms of something called 'race', whereas the job here was to justify imperialism, for which the tale was that the victims' lives were being 'improved'. Our right-wingers work differently (see Havana Moon, if you can bear it), so I tend to find American racists astounding rather than bothersome. It is my experience that hate is what right-wingers are about, and the object hardly matters, unless the nasties get real power, as under Hitler, McCarthy and the like.

We have nasties here, but, by and large racism isn't their main thing. The US had slavery to justify, which was done in terms of something called 'race', whereas the job here was to justify imperialism, for which the tale was that the victims' lives were being 'improved'. Our right-wingers work differently (see Havana Moon, if you can bear it), so I tend to find American racists astounding rather than bothersome. It is my experience that hate is what right-wingers are about, and the object hardly matters, unless the nasties get real power, as under Hitler, McCarthy and the like.

I always read your wise words carefully Iolo. There's nobody on this forum I respect more than you. But I have to disagree on your suggestion that racism isn't their main thing, at least for many of them. There are several that make a point of voicing their racism regularly and that indicates to me that there are many who choose to hide in their closets with the pointy hats and bedsheets. I believe that racism forms the basis of their hating, which you describe. Although they all have several reasons to hate.

I've said several times and I'll say it again; Trump's appeal is based on racism primarily. His border wall is based strictly on racism and his other appeals are in my opinion, spinoffs of racism.

But it's always a good discussion because it urges the extreme rightist haters to come out and express their hate, and when they do that for us we are able to discover more succinctly just what they're feeling against others which makes them hate!

I always read your wise words carefully Iolo. There's nobody on this forum I respect more than you. But I have to disagree on your suggestion that racism isn't their main thing, at least for many of them. There are several that make a point of voicing their racism regularly and that indicates to me that there are many who choose to hide in their closets with the pointy hats and bedsheets. I believe that racism forms the basis of their hating, which you describe. Although they all have several reasons to hate.

I've said several times and I'll say it again; Trump's appeal is based on racism primarily. His border wall is based strictly on racism and his other appeals are in my opinion, spinoffs of racism.

But it's always a good discussion because it urges the extreme rightist haters to come out and express their hate, and when they do that for us we are able to discover more succinctly just what they're feeling against others which makes them hate!

They pick it up and use it, naturally, but over here they were just as likely to hate Romanians or Poles until very recently: it's not basic to their spite and nastiness: until not long since they were going strong on Mr Corbyn's 'antisemitism' because he didn't support child-murder and the like by 'Israel'.. But I certainly wasn't denying racism in the 'States, where it is their main hobby.

They pick it up and use it, naturally, but over here they were just as likely to hate Romanians or Poles until very recently: it's not basic to their spite and nastiness: until not long since they were going strong on Mr Corbyn's 'antisemitism' because he didn't support child-murder and the like by 'Israel'.. But I certainly wasn't denying racism in the 'States, where it is their main hobby.

Yes, and thanks for the clarification. I'm confident you're very aware of the racism on both sides of the Atlantic. Many Americans go to great lengths to suggest their racist tendencies and then when somebody picks up on it, they deny it. Then there are many others on this forum who don't even attempt to deny. The closeted ones love to use the Obama birther tactic and then try to say that it's not racism at all. So be it, it's their country that's going to hell!

It was always there in the background in the US but was put away in their closets. Trump was very aware that he could capitalize on the racism and he brought the very worst of them into his circle of support. It's quite plain to most outsiders and I think it's plain to his supporters too, just what he's doing. It's a revival of Hitler's tactics! Which didn't seem to be possible again after we learned and knew the mistakes of the past.

Thank the dogs for nuclear weapons and M.A.D. because I have no doubt that the US would have started WW3 long ago if it thought that it could escape harm. Can we be confident that Trump understands what the rest of the world understands. And will Bolton advise Trump that the US could actually win a nuclear war??

All because the people of the US could never accept a black man as president. Without Obama, Trump wouldn't have been possible.

Back