APP - AHCCCS

You would support national Medicaid for all?

there's the kicker......you had to throw the "for all" in there....I think it must the liberal equivalent to a nervous tic......whatever happened to "we need to help the 47 million".....it always reverts to "we need to help the 320 million"......

explain me this...the current proposal provides government funded healthcare to everyone who wants it....it is defined as having a cost sharing ratio that covers 70% of the health care costs of everyone and a $5000 deductible....

now what have you done to help the folks who need it most?.....how can someone truly poor afford $5000 and 30%.....are you really out to help the poor?.....or get free health care for yourself?.......

As they are getting to in the other thread. Expand medicaid and base reasonable premiums on income/household size.
This is the simple soloution to our uninsured problem.

As they are getting to in the other thread. Expand medicaid and base reasonable premiums on income/household size.
This is the simple soloution to our uninsured problem.
Make a graduated payment based on income levels, some people could afford to pay some of it and it could defray some of the costs that will associate.

Make a graduated payment based on income levels, some people could afford to pay some of it and it could defray some of the costs that will associate.

Yes. The simplest way to cover those currently uncovered. And perhaps exempt income spent on college to encourage an education. Perhaps rolling CHIPS into it as well. Keep the whole family covered for a reasonable rate.
Healthy kids with sick or bankrupt parents makes little sense to me.

there's the kicker......you had to throw the "for all" in there....I think it must the liberal equivalent to a nervous tic......whatever happened to "we need to help the 47 million".....it always reverts to "we need to help the 320 million"......

explain me this...the current proposal provides government funded healthcare to everyone who wants it....it is defined as having a cost sharing ratio that covers 70% of the health care costs of everyone and a $5000 deductible....

now what have you done to help the folks who need it most?.....how can someone truly poor afford $5000 and 30%.....are you really out to help the poor?.....or get free health care for yourself?.......

You're leaving out the important subsidies, which I know you know about because I keep showing you the section of the bill that says the government can't give them to illegal aliens. If you're poor, the government helps you pay for the insurance policy. That's how it's helping. If you qualify and can't afford it, you get insurance for next to nothing. Like medicare.

And how the hell do you write a post like that and not notice you contradicting yourself in the same paragraph? If it's not free healthcare (and it isn't), then somehow it's not helping the poor and I'm out to have the free healthcare for myself. You don't make any sense.

Last edited:
You would support national Medicaid for all?

i asked about this last week....that instead of creating an entire new bureaucratic beast....why not simply expand existing medicare or medicaid....

to date, not a single lib has responded...

would you support expanding it? and why do you think the new beast is better than the old beast?

You're leaving out the important subsidies, which I know you know about because I keep showing you the section of the bill that says the government can't give them to illegal aliens. If you're poor, the government helps you pay for the insurance policy. That's how it's helping. If you qualify and can't afford it, you get insurance for next to nothing. Like medicare.

And how the hell do you write a post like that and not notice you contradicting yourself in the same paragraph? If it's not free healthcare (and it isn't), then somehow it's not helping the poor and I'm out to have the free healthcare for myself. You don't make any sense.

all i have been shown is they can't get health credits or something....nothing about no emergency care etc...and i asked what those credits are and do

edit: health credits should be affordability credits...

all i have been shown is they can't get health credits or something....nothing about no emergency care etc...and i asked what those credits are and do

edit: health credits should be affordability credits...

The credits in that section are involving the subsidies government gives to poor people to pay for the public option. The government is expressly prohibited from giving federal monies to illegal aliens in that subtitle.

As for emergency care, why the heck would you expect that to change? They can walk in to an ER right now and nobody's going to ask them for their green card. They'll get billed like they do now for emergency care. They can't buy the public option because they don't have socials. I've linked to that subsection before too.

The credits in that section are involving the subsidies government gives to poor people to pay for the public option. The government is expressly prohibited from giving federal monies to illegal aliens in that subtitle.

As for emergency care, why the heck would you expect that to change? They can walk in to an ER right now and nobody's going to ask them for their green card. They'll get billed like they do now for emergency care. They can't buy the public option because they don't have socials. I've linked to that subsection before too.

that is what i thought...thanks.

i expected it to change because so much else is changing with this bill....why would i automatically assume it not to change?

so as i read it, the claim that this allows illegals to get coverage under the new plan, is false.

that is what i thought...thanks.

i expected it to change because so much else is changing with this bill....why would i automatically assume it not to change?

so as i read it, the claim that this allows illegals to get coverage under the new plan, is false.

They can't get coverage through the government's public option. I don't know about private plans. I don't see why they couldn't go and buy a private plan, or why anyone would object to it either since there's no government money going to them as they're paying for it themselves.

Everything PMP posts shows his inability to understand what he's reading in the bill. More accurately, he has a hard time reconciling what he's been told it says with what it actually says. You seem to be better at it, but you have some experience reading legalese.

Why don't the Politicians just offer a program like this??

It's a "great" deal IF....
You have less than $100,000 in assets including a home and automobile.
You are a family of 2 earning a combined income, including pensions, of less than $468 monthly.
I have my doubts that plan would aid very many, and since immigrants aren't eligible, who's left?

Last edited:
Back