Aint it Great That We Have the Government Protecting Dogs From Cruelty

I propose we acknowledge the reality that animals are not possessed of rights.

I don't think it matters. Discussion of rights versus non-rights is just philosophical wankering - mental masturbation.

We're always going to have laws protecting the welfare of domestic animals. No one is ever going to be able to string up a dog on their property and light it on fire, without facing criminal charges. Anyone who wants to claim we have the right to torture and mutilate our domestic animals, is always going to be considered a psychotic kook - someone to be shunned by civilized society.

I don't think it matters. Discussion of rights versus non-rights is just philosophical wankering - mental masturbation.

We're always going to have laws protecting the welfare of domestic animals. No one is ever going to be able to string up a dog on their property and light it on fire, without facing criminal charges. Anyone who wants to claim we have the right to torture and mutilate our domestic animals, is always going to be considered a psychotic kook - someone to be shunned by civilized society.

So your argument is humans have no rights either. If the state decides that the best way to get rid of a difficult population of humans is to euthanize them, well, that's their call.

Last edited:
What rights do they have? The state is going to euthanize them. They are self owners possessed of rights or not.

What tap dance? The thread title was only intended to show the hypocrisy of the matter.

Dogs don't have rights. Sorry, I don't like the fact that bastards like Vick do what they do, but then I don't like what the greyhound or horse racing industries do either.

Back