Al Jazeera America fails to attract US audience

dude your the one who supports the party who historically failed ideas don't sell to the people so they have to work at keeping the people from being able to vote in elections just to win.

Al Jezeera would report on your cheating.

Fox would lie about it

Nobody watches Al Gorezeera except Tom, and he watches the Limey version.

Liberal propaganda fails.

Air America.
MSNBC.
Al Jazeera America.

many of then don't believe the crap they try to sell.

Its just team mentality.

Sports are so big here and are worshiped like religion.

Some of the stupid and gullible Americans just cant lose this stupid mentality when it comes to real life.

They will do ANYTHING for the team.

You know lie and cheat.

My team is the facts,

If the facts win out then the people win

Liberal ideas have historically failed in the marketplace.

Air America, MSNBC, The Alec Baldwin show, Al Jazeera America....

many of then don't believe the crap they try to sell.

Its just team mentality.

Sports are so big here and are worshiped like religion.

Some of the stupid and gullible Americans just cant lose this stupid mentality when it comes to real life.

They will do ANYTHING for the team.

You know lie and cheat.

My team is the facts,

If the facts win out then the people win

I read this and I feel like I'm with my six year old niece who likes to create little fantasy world's when she's playing.

After just two months on the air, Al Jazeera America is losing ground in the US. The US offshoot of the Mideast news outfit managed fewer than half of the viewers who tuned in to its predecessor, Al Gore’s Current TV.

Al Jazeera America has averaged just 13,000 viewers a day since its Aug. 20 launch — on par with a public access channel. In the 25- to 54-year-old audience sought by advertisers, it drew 5,000 viewers. The ratings are so low, they are considered a “scratch” and aren’t reported by Nielsen.

“We are making large investments in programming and marketing,” an Al Jazeera America spokesperson said Sunday.

By comparison, 31,000 viewers tuned into Current TV a year ago.

Currently, Al Jazeera America is carried in about 44 million US households. The network lost millions of households when Time Warner Cable dropped its predecessor Current TV before Al Jazeera America got off the ground. The No. 2 cable provider has agreed to make Al Jazeera America available in about 10 million homes. Despite that, the news channel is the smallest of fry. Last Thursday, Even with Time Warner Cable on board, Al Jazeera America has a long way to go in its mission to compete with mainstream rivals. Leader Fox News drew 353,000 total viewers, while CNN notched 174,000 and MSNBC grabbed 121,000.

Al Jazeera America is trying to attract a US audience despite a deep distrust in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and criticism that it harbors an anti-US bias. The network’s financial backer, the government of Qatar, paid a hefty $500 million in January to purchase Current TV and gain US distribution.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/17/al-jazeera-america-fails-to-attract-us-audience/?dtoc

:rofl2:

Finally, MSNBC can say they beat somebody in the ratings.....
I would've thought this program would be wildly popular in the blue states.

You mean there aren't enough of you "curious" and "smart" lefties to keep them afloat?

Or maybe just maybe, Americans don't want to support a terrorist organization. Wasn't long ago when even the left recognized Al Jazeera for the propaganda arm for terrorists. But, maybe lefties hatred for America has gotten so ingrained that they can't even tell the difference between Al Jazeera and MSNBC.

You are just being a dick, I'll bet that you've never even seen it. Al Jazeera English is pretty fair and balanced.

Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/user/aljazeeraenglish

How many people know Al Jazeera America even exists? I've never seen an ad for it. Do DirectTV, Time Warner and Comcast all carry it?

After just two months on the air, Al Jazeera America is losing ground in the US. The US offshoot of the Mideast news outfit managed fewer than half of the viewers who tuned in to its predecessor, Al Gore’s Current TV.

Al Jazeera America has averaged just 13,000 viewers a day since its Aug. 20 launch — on par with a public access channel. In the 25- to 54-year-old audience sought by advertisers, it drew 5,000 viewers. The ratings are so low, they are considered a “scratch” and aren’t reported by Nielsen.

“We are making large investments in programming and marketing,” an Al Jazeera America spokesperson said Sunday.

By comparison, 31,000 viewers tuned into Current TV a year ago.

Currently, Al Jazeera America is carried in about 44 million US households. The network lost millions of households when Time Warner Cable dropped its predecessor Current TV before Al Jazeera America got off the ground. The No. 2 cable provider has agreed to make Al Jazeera America available in about 10 million homes. Despite that, the news channel is the smallest of fry. Last Thursday, Even with Time Warner Cable on board, Al Jazeera America has a long way to go in its mission to compete with mainstream rivals. Leader Fox News drew 353,000 total viewers, while CNN notched 174,000 and MSNBC grabbed 121,000.

Al Jazeera America is trying to attract a US audience despite a deep distrust in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and criticism that it harbors an anti-US bias. The network’s financial backer, the government of Qatar, paid a hefty $500 million in January to purchase Current TV and gain US distribution.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/17/al-jazeera-america-fails-to-attract-us-audience/?dtoc

:rofl2:

Finally, MSNBC can say they beat somebody in the ratings.....

There is still a tremendous amount of anti-Muslim prejudice in this country. Al-Jazeera America has enough money to continue to broadcast no matter how many people are watching.

Back