Alabama Lands Saban! ...Yeah, by Gawd, we got us a coach now!

Details are still unclear, but it appears Nick Saban will become the highest paid college football coach, at somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 million a year. Rumor has it, LSU offensive coordinator, Jimbo Fisher, might also be heading to Tuscaloosa.

As an avid Tide fan, I am glad the university has finally decided to get serious about hiring a good coach and returning Alabama to the prestige of the past in college football. Look out, the Tide is about to Roll!

If this turns out like your other predictions dix......

After the 2005 Iron Bowl, last year, Auburn coach Tommy Tubberville (aka: "Wingnut") held up four fingers as he walked from the field in victory. It was considered an insulting gesture to the University of Alabama, who originally initiated the now-common practice of teammates holding up four fingers going into the fourth quarter, and their storied history of being an exceptional 4th quarter football team. It was also a slap in the face to the Crimson Nation, as it marked the first time in decades, the Tigers had managed to win 4-in-a-row against their cross-state rivals. The incident went viral on the Internet, and leading up to the 2006 Iron Bowl, the phrase, "Fear the Thumb!" was crafted by giddy Auburnites, to intimidate the Mighty Crimson Tide.

Mike Shula, who didn't manage to beat Aubun except once in 8 tries as a coach or player at Alabama, was fired after the 2006 loss... and it's a damn good thing Auburn can't count beyond the first hand. The second hand is a post-grad course. ;)

Alabama has been relegated to the status of has-been's, like Oklahoma and Nebraska, Miami and Florida State... Once glorious in their heyday, now struggling to maintain mediocrity. The history and tradition of Alabama football is rivaled only by that of Notre Dame. 12 National Championships, 21 SEC Championships, more bowl appearances and wins than any college team in history... we ain't supposed to lose 5 in-a-row to the Cow College!

:pke:

Details are still unclear, but it appears Nick Saban will become the highest paid college football coach, at somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 million a year. Rumor has it, LSU offensive coordinator, Jimbo Fisher, might also be heading to Tuscaloosa.

As an avid Tide fan, I am glad the university has finally decided to get serious about hiring a good coach and returning Alabama to the prestige of the past in college football. Look out, the Tide is about to Roll!
Heh, heh, heh! They're buying it!

:burn:

WAR EAGLE!!!

Auburn kicks Alabama's ass.

Whose coaching at Bamma next year?

After the 2005 Iron Bowl, last year, Auburn coach Tommy Tubberville (aka: "Wingnut") held up four fingers as he walked from the field in victory. It was considered an insulting gesture to the University of Alabama, who originally initiated the now-common practice of teammates holding up four fingers going into the fourth quarter, and their storied history of being an exceptional 4th quarter football team. It was also a slap in the face to the Crimson Nation, as it marked the first time in decades, the Tigers had managed to win 4-in-a-row against their cross-state rivals. The incident went viral on the Internet, and leading up to the 2006 Iron Bowl, the phrase, "Fear the Thumb!" was crafted by giddy Auburnites, to intimidate the Mighty Crimson Tide.

Mike Shula, who didn't manage to beat Aubun except once in 8 tries as a coach or player at Alabama, was fired after the 2006 loss... and it's a damn good thing Auburn can't count beyond the first hand. The second hand is a post-grad course. ;)

Alabama has been relegated to the status of has-been's, like Oklahoma and Nebraska, Miami and Florida State... Once glorious in their heyday, now struggling to maintain mediocrity. The history and tradition of Alabama football is rivaled only by that of Notre Dame. 12 National Championships, 21 SEC Championships, more bowl appearances and wins than any college team in history... we ain't supposed to lose 5 in-a-row to the Cow College!

:pke:

As a graduate of Auburn University's class of 1994, I am holding up five fingers as I type. I can use the other hand BTW, I expect to be holding up both hands next November... It will make it harder to type... but worth it!

V

Is Saban a muslim name ?
;)

I hear he went to a muslim school for a couple of years as a child...

Sounds Muslim to me, also the man is not a man of his word. He gave the people of Miams his word he would not leave them.

He looked them in the eye, shook his finger and said, "I will not leave Miami for that job, the one in Alabama."

Jarhead, since you and I are the only ones who really give a shit here, let's have a bet on it... Loser has to put "War Eagle" or "Roll Tide" in their sig line for a month. Shake???

Jarhead, since you and I are the only ones who really give a shit here, let's have a bet on it... Loser has to put "War Eagle" or "Roll Tide" in their sig line for a month. Shake???

I hear you welch on bets!

It's a myth started by people who have no morals. If you abide by the terms of the bet, it will be honored. Of course, if you are just plain chicken to bet, that's understandable, we DID land Nick Saban.

It's a myth started by people who have no morals. If you abide by the terms of the bet, it will be honored. Of course, if you are just plain chicken to bet, that's understandable, we DID land Nick Saban.

I watched the entire thing play out and I think you welched.

I typically dont bet on my own team. I admit that my emotional attachment to Auburn makes objective judgement difficult.

Back