Alabama Lands Saban! ...Yeah, by Gawd, we got us a coach now!

actually, the bet had no conditions on it when we made it....

Yes it did. The ONLY reason I bet with you was to get you to stop throwing it in my face! Every discussion, every thread, every post... there's Maine, challenging me to bet with him... day in and day out... week after pathetic week... goading... antagonizing... being a general prick... until one day, finally... I decided, it was worth the amount of the wager to have peace and quite, and put an end to your incessant challenges... the whole entire condition and premise for me making the bet, was to stop the haranguing, and the haranguing continued, it simply took a past-tense form. You can claim now, that this was not the case, but I stated at the time it was a long-shot bet, so why the hell else would I make such a long-shot bet? I told you when we made the bet, you wouldn't be able to run your mouth about it, and if you intended to do that, we wouldn't bet... you agreed. If you want to be dishonest now, and claim you didn't agree to that condition, you are free to do so, I don't expect you to have moral clarity.

Yes it did. The ONLY reason I bet with you was to get you to stop throwing it in my face! Every discussion, every thread, every post... there's Maine, challenging me to bet with him... day in and day out... week after pathetic week... goading... antagonizing... being a general prick... until one day, finally... I decided, it was worth the amount of the wager to have peace and quite, and put an end to your incessant challenges... the whole entire condition and premise for me making the bet, was to stop the haranguing, and the haranguing continued, it simply took a past-tense form. You can claim now, that this was not the case, but I stated at the time it was a long-shot bet, so why the hell else would I make such a long-shot bet? I told you when we made the bet, you wouldn't be able to run your mouth about it, and if you intended to do that, we wouldn't bet... you agreed. If you want to be dishonest now, and claim you didn't agree to that condition, you are free to do so, I don't expect you to have moral clarity.

Funny thing about bets. When you make a bet about something, like say, maybe the outcome of the mid term elections, you are not agreeing to some subliminal contract in your head, you are agreeing with the terms.

I'll bet you that a pig will fly with its own wings withing the nest 72 hours. On hour 25 though, I'll say to you that the bet is canceled because you ate bacon before the event and that's not fair!! Everyone knows that this was the premise!! Imagine, eating BACON just before an event involving a PIG!

Stop being intentionally obtuse, and just admit it. He pissed you off so much that YOU won't pay him for winning the bet.

You can't let him win the bet, what with all that bad words and arguments! Why, that would mean HE WON!!! And he can't win right?

Well get over it pal. He won, you lost.

Pay the man.

It's only $100, and Beefs is right. You cannot change a bet unilaterally, it is a two yes, one no prospect. Both agree to the bet, any changes to the agreed terms and conditions must have two "yes", one from each of the participants, otherwise the bet reverts to the original conditions. Maineman agreed to the bet, but not to the condition after the fact. That is a unilateral selective condition without the second yes...

Just pay up so you won't have to hear about it, plus you made the bet...

Your reasons for making a bet do not translate to conditions of the bet. Thats like saying, your reason for making the bet was not because you needed the $, so I wont pay you!

Back