Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: A Warning to the West

cancel2 2022

Canceled

It is astonishing that Communism has been writing about itself in the most open way, in black and white, for 125 years, and even more openly, more candidly in the beginning. The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done. It is perfectly amazing. The whole world can read, everyone is literate, yet somehow no one wants to understand. Humanity acts as if it does not understand what Communism is, as if it does not want to understand, is not capable of understanding.

Communism has never concealed the fact that it rejects all absolute concepts of morality. It scoffs at any consideration of "good" and "evil" as indisputable categories. Communism considers morality to be relative, to be a class matter. Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology. And who defines this ideology? The whole class cannot get together to pass judgment. A handful of people determine what is good and what is bad. But I must say that in this respect Communism has been most successful. It has infected the whole world with the belief in the relativity of good and evil. Today, many people apart from the Communists are carried away by this idea.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is a liar who fabricated nearly everything in his book. I wish he had gone through the gulag experience he described. Fucking capitalist ghoul. Death to America.

It is astonishing that Communism has been writing about itself in the most open way, in black and white, for 125 years, and even more openly, more candidly in the beginning. The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done. It is perfectly amazing. The whole world can read, everyone is literate, yet somehow no one wants to understand. Humanity acts as if it does not understand what Communism is, as if it does not want to understand, is not capable of understanding.

Communism has never concealed the fact that it rejects all absolute concepts of morality. It scoffs at any consideration of "good" and "evil" as indisputable categories. Communism considers morality to be relative, to be a class matter. Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology. And who defines this ideology? The whole class cannot get together to pass judgment. A handful of people determine what is good and what is bad. But I must say that in this respect Communism has been most successful. It has infected the whole world with the belief in the relativity of good and evil. Today, many people apart from the Communists are carried away by this idea.

Thanks, but no thanks. Communism is practically non-existent in the West, so no need to worry about these things.
I'm much more concerned with Fascism, since that actually has made a comeback in the West.

That's nice, now the next time I see Commie I'll be ready, but I am not going to worry too much over that one, no one has seen a Commie since the last Century, maybe we should start looking out for those Bolsheviks

Cold War thinking, little relevance today

The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done.

I've read it and I have no clue what he's talking about.

Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology.

Such as intentionally bombing Korean civilians in the war against the Korean people, or the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians in 1948, murdering a million communists in Indonesia under the orders of the CIA, or in modern times forcibly starving Venezualans to punish them for failing to act as a colony of the imperial power. How easily wet convince ourselves to do evil things.

That's nice, now the next time I see Commie I'll be ready, but I am not going to worry too much over that one, no one has seen a Commie since the last Century, maybe we should start looking out for those Bolsheviks

I am a communist and Marxist leninist.

My mother was a fan of Solzhenitsyn, she got me interested in his literary work. I haven't read a whole lot by him. My mother pointed out the horrors he experienced in his book Cancer Ward. Extremely horrific, to say the least.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: A Warning to the West!

Posters who don't know anything about Solzhenitsyn, about his literature, about his life, posters who never put more than ten nanoseconds of thought into him prior to this thread, have no standing to proclaim what this complex and complicated man knew, thought, and felt.

Americans from Reagan to William Buckley assumed Solzhenitsyn was the perfect Cold War pawn, one who could be held out as an anti-communist and pro-western ally in the the asymmetric propaganda struggle of the cold war era.

The fact is Solzhenitsyn was hostile to communism -- but he was equally hostile to capitalism. He was not a pro-western dupe.

Solzhenitsyn thought capitalism was deeply immoral and ethically bankrupt,

Solzhenitsyn thought the liberal democracies of the west were morally degenerate.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was a Russian nationalist, a deeply religious theocrat, a spiritualist, and a Russian mystic. He was never a poster boy for capitalism, nor an ally or tool of propaganda for Trump boot-licking capitalists.

Edit to add: It is curious that I just bumped one of my threads yesterday which prominently featured Solzhenitsyn. Are you seriously making an effort to lurk everything I do, and more importantly why don't you get your own ideas for interesting topics rather than pilfering ideas from me.

Last edited:
My mother was a fan of Solzhenitsyn, she got me interested in his literary work. I haven't read a whole lot by him. My mother pointed out the horrors he experienced in his book Cancer Ward. Extremely horrific, to say the least.

Posters who don't know anything about Solzhenitsyn, about his literature, about his life, posters who never put more than ten nanoseconds of thought into him prior to this thread, have no standing to proclaim what this complex and complicated man knew, thought, and felt.

Americans from Reagan to William Buckley assumed Solzhenitsyn was the perfect Cold War pawn, one who could be held out as an anti-communist and pro-western ally in the the asymmetric propaganda struggle of the cold war era.

The fact is Solzhenitsyn was hostile to communism -- but he was equally hostile to capitalism. He was not a pro-western dupe.

Solzhenitsyn thought the liberal democracies of the west were morally degenerate.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was a Russian nationalist, a deeply religious theocrat, a spiritualist, and a Russian mystic. He was never a poster boy for capitalism, nor an ally or tool of propaganda for Trump boot-licking capitalists.

I read this....

One_Day_in_the_Life_of_Ivan_Denisovich_cover.jpg

It was quite good.

And at around 150 pages +/- it's short enough for a casual read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Day_in_the_Life_of_Ivan_Denisovich

I recommend it for anyone who wants to sample Solzhenitsyn's work without committing to a thousand + page endeavor.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is a liar who fabricated nearly everything in his book. I wish he had gone through the gulag experience he described. Fucking capitalist ghoul. Death to America.

Uh, as someone else mentioned, Solzhenitsyn was not a "capitalist ghoul." He was a critic of both the Soviet system and of much of the West.

I read this....

One_Day_in_the_Life_of_Ivan_Denisovich_cover.jpg

It was quite good.

And at around 150 pages +/- it's short enough for a casual read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Day_in_the_Life_of_Ivan_Denisovich

I recommend it for anyone who wants to sample Solzhenitsyn's work without committing to a thousand + page endeavor.

Me too. An iconic book.

Gulag archipelago is a slog to read, it is a veritable tome of a book. But it is required reading anyone who claims be an knowledgeable about Soviet communism, the Great Terror, and the GULAG. That means rightwing message board dunces basically know nothing of substance about the Soviet Union. One really can't learn about the Soviet Union by listening to Limbaugh and watching Fox. The way to learn about the Soviet Union is to read the great Russian authors of the Soviet era, to read the dissidents, and to actually talk to people who lived it.

Thanks, but no thanks. Communism is practically non-existent in the West, so no need to worry about these things.
I'm much more concerned with Fascism, since that actually has made a comeback in the West.

No it hasn't; only low IQ morons bloviate that shit. :rolleyes:

Ironic coming from leftist dunces who have been shouting Russia Russia for three fucking years. Priceless stupidity on your part. :rolleyes:

I've read it and I have no clue what he's talking about.
Such as intentionally bombing Korean civilians in the war against the Korean people, or the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians in 1948, murdering a million communists in Indonesia under the orders of the CIA, or in modern times forcibly starving Venezualans to punish them for failing to act as a colony of the imperial power. How easily wet convince ourselves to do evil things.

idiot.gif

Me too. An iconic book.

Gulag archipelago is a slog to read, it is a veritable tome of a book. But it is required reading anyone who claims be an knowledgeable about Soviet communism, the Great Terror, and the GULAG. That means rightwing message board dunces basically know nothing of substance about the Soviet Union. One really can't learn about the Soviet Union by listening to Limbaugh and watching Fox. The way to learn about the Soviet Union is to read the great Russian authors of the Soviet era, to read the dissidents, and to actually talk to people who lived it.

In my opinion, the author's note on the inside cover of Gulag Archipelago is one of the most striking and extraordinary epigraphs ever printed on a book cover.

Author's Note:

For years I have with reluctant heart withheld from publication this already completed book: my obligation to those still living outweighed my obligation to the dead. But now that State Security has seized the book anyway, I have no alternative but to publish it immediately.

Edit to add: It is curious that I just bumped one of my threads yesterday which prominently featured Solzhenitsyn. Are you seriously making an effort to lurk everything I do, and more importantly why don't you get your own ideas for interesting topics rather than pilfering ideas from me.

You're truly one of the most arrogant people I've ever encountered, if you look at the date, shit for brains, you'd see that I posted two days ago. Kindly fuck off and die.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was a Russian nationalist, a deeply religious theocrat, a spiritualist, and a Russian mystic. He was never a poster boy for capitalism, nor an ally or tool of propaganda for Trump boot-licking capitalists
You're truly one of the most arrogant people I've ever encountered, if you look at the date, shit for brains, you'd see that I posted two days ago.

Kindly fuck off and die!!!

You don't give a rat's ass about Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, his literature, his philosophy, his views on the human condition.

You attempted to use a great Russian writer to bash lefties, and presumably by extension, Bernie Sanders.

Solzhenitsyn despised communism and capitalism in nearly equal measure. He was a spiritualist who rejected the capitalist west, and valued a return to traditional Russian Orthodox Christian roots.

Solzhenitsyn thought materialism, profit, and pursuit of wealth were despicable, and he would have found your Orange God morally repulsive.

There is no point getting mad at me and having death fantasies. I am allowed to call you out when you cynically attempt to use a great Russian novelist you know nothing about to support your pro-Trumpist, anti-leftist agenda.

Last edited:
Back