Amazing New Tyres From Michelin

All these:
Lithium Sodium Potassium Rubidium Cesium Francium Beryllium Magnesium Calcium Strontium Barium Radium Gallium Indium Thallium Scandium Titanium Vanadium Chromium Yttrium Zirconium Niobium Technetium Ruthenium Rhodium Palladium Cadmium Hafnium Rhenium Osmium Iridium Actinium Rutherfordium Dubnium Seaborgium Bohrium Hassium Meitnerium Darmstadtium Roentgenium Cerium Praseodymium Neodymium Promethium Samarium Europium Gadolinium Terbium Dysprosium Holmium Erbium Thulium Ytterbium Lutetium Thorium Protactinium Uranium Neptunium Plutonium Americium Curium Berkelium Californium Einsteinium Fermium Mendelevium Nobelium Lawrencium

There are many others but they haven't been dis-carvard.
But Al-ooooooooo-m-n-m???
Can't go far in America without bumping into dear old Noah!

There are other exceptions, tantalum, lanthanum and platinum spring to mind.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_6953684_origin-name-aluminum_.html

absolutely. i had non michelin tires on my suv and it sucked. bought michelins and i was stunned at the difference.
I had Botrangers on my road bike and I changed to Michelins too. I didn't get a single snake bite flat last year and they provide better handling characteristics. Comfort was a wash.

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare sieze the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art.
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

Once a birdie flying high.
Dropped a dew drop in my eye.
Now I'm not sad and I won't cry.
But I'm sure glad that cows don't fly!

All these:
Lithium Sodium Potassium Rubidium Cesium Francium Beryllium Magnesium Calcium Strontium Barium Radium Gallium Indium Thallium Scandium Titanium Vanadium Chromium Yttrium Zirconium Niobium Technetium Ruthenium Rhodium Palladium Cadmium Hafnium Rhenium Osmium Iridium Actinium Rutherfordium Dubnium Seaborgium Bohrium Hassium Meitnerium Darmstadtium Roentgenium Cerium Praseodymium Neodymium Promethium Samarium Europium Gadolinium Terbium Dysprosium Holmium Erbium Thulium Ytterbium Lutetium Thorium Protactinium Uranium Neptunium Plutonium Americium Curium Berkelium Californium Einsteinium Fermium Mendelevium Nobelium Lawrencium

We'll I'd argue that as a nonchemist your missing the big point of the periodic table, which is, periodicity. In that respect the name "aluminum" is far more conventional than "aluminium". As the over whelming majority of elements who names end with "ium" are transition metals. Aluminum is not a transition metal. Also, let us look at the relationship towards the light elements. Only 5 of the 18 light elements end with the suffix "ium". 2 alkali metals, 2 alkali earths and one odd ball nobel gass (Helium, the only noble gas whose name ends with "ium"). So those 5 are really the odd balls as none of the other 13 light elements names, including aluminum in the US, end with the prefix "ium". So in terms of it's grouping you can argue that Aluminium is a better fit than Aluminum but the last I heard it was called "The Periodic table of Elements" and not "The Group Table of Elements". That being the case, the name "aluminum" is unquestionably a much better fit for the #2 Period of elements than Aluminium is IMHO.

Further more It is a complete outrage to me that the first and most significant of the Nobel gases is so wrongly labled It makes a horrible mocking of this elements grouping and periodicity. This is a wrong that must be righted and I therefore formaly move that the name "Helium" be changed to the more appropriate "Helon".

Last edited:
We'll I'd argue that as a nonchemist your missing the big point of the periodic table, which is, periodicity. In that respect the name "aluminum" is far more conventional than "aluminium". As the over whelming majority of elements who names end with "ium" are transition metals. Aluminum is not a transition metal. Also, let us look at the relationship towards the light elements. Only 5 of the 18 light elements end with the suffix "ium". 2 alkali metals, 2 alkali earths and one odd ball nobel gass (Helium, the only noble gas whose name ends with "ium"). So those 5 are really the odd balls as none of the other 13 light elements names, including aluminum in the US, end with the prefix "ium". So in terms of it's grouping you can argue that Aluminium is a better fit than Aluminum but the last I heard it was called "The Periodic table of Elements" and not "The Group Table of Elements". That being the case, the name "aluminum" is unquestionably a much better fit for the #2 Period of elements than Aluminium is IMHO.

Further more It is a complete outrage to me that the first and most significant of the Nobel gases is so wrongly labled It makes a horrible mocking of this elements grouping and periodicity. This is a wrong that must be righted and I therefore formaly move that the name "Helium" be changed to the more appropriate "Helon".

So how do you explain manganese, iron, cobalt, nickel, copper and zinc from the 1st transition series as well as silver and gold to name a few? Also many of the man made elements were discovered and named in the US so why do they all have -ium endings rather than -um? I think that the nickel coin should be renamed to the nicklium.

Last edited:
So how do you explain manganese, iron, cobalt, nickel, copper and zinc from the 1st transition series as well as silver and gold to name a few? Also many of the man made elements were discovered named in the US so why do they all have -ium endings rather than -um? I think that the nickel coin should be renamed to the nickium.
Nickium and Helon. I Like that...and how about we change Iron to Ferium?

All these:

If you want it to be pronounced like the rest of those, you should've spelled it aluminium, not aluminum.

EDIT: That's how it's supposed to be spelled. O_o

Last edited:
There are other exceptions, tantalum, lanthanum and platinum spring to mind.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_6953684_origin-name-aluminum_.html

Firefox gives me a red underline when I write aluminium. Also, labour, colour, favour.

How does it feel that what come out of your countries vagoo has now so exceeded you? Don't worry, we shall care for you like an elderly relative, spoonfooding you lovingly in your nursing home, changing your diapers, etc...

At least you are not as bad off as the Greeks, who are truly the child star of civilizations. The Greeks used to have fucking Socrates. Now they sit around being lazy and destroying the Euro. And the Italians! They used to be goddamn Romans! Now they are only notable for being the only country that makes France's military look like a formidable fighting force.

I don't think it would be that difficult to add a normal surface to the "tyre" thus decreasing road noise. It seems more likely the cops don't want them to be in use as they couldn't use those spikes... Kind of like good computer security. Before you sell it to anybody you have to give the government the keys.

Firefox gives me a red underline when I write aluminium. Also, labour, colour, favour.

How does it feel that what come out of your countries vagoo has now so exceeded you? Don't worry, we shall care for you like an elderly relative, spoonfooding you lovingly in your nursing home, changing your diapers, etc...

At least you are not as bad off as the Greeks, who are truly the child star of civilizations. The Greeks used to have fucking Socrates. Now they sit around being lazy and destroying the Euro. And the Italians! They used to be goddamn Romans! Now they are only notable for being the only country that makes France's military look like a formidable fighting force.

If you installed this add-on then you wouldn't have any problems!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=api

I don't think it would be that difficult to add a normal surface to the "tyre" thus decreasing road noise. It seems more likely the cops don't want them to be in use as they couldn't use those spikes... Kind of like good computer security. Before you sell it to anybody you have to give the government the keys.

The cops can't pass laws. I doubt there's any law or regulation on the books preventing the production of or research into undeflatable tires. It is especially doubtful that there's one that applies not only to vehicles driving on public roads, but also to private business developing tires which they drive on their private roads. It's especially doubtful that "the cops" (apparently all of them in unanimty, across all 50 states and all municipalities) have been able to pass such a law and apply it to military vehicles. And if they were able to do so, I imagine the company would say "we have the know-how to develop an undeflatable tyres with no road noise, but regulations prevent them from being developed anywhere in the world", rather than "we don't have the technology to develop undeflatable tyres with no road noise".

Back