Amazing New Tyres From Michelin

I don't think it would be that difficult to add a normal surface to the "tyre" thus decreasing road noise. It seems more likely the cops don't want them to be in use as they couldn't use those spikes... Kind of like good computer security. Before you sell it to anybody you have to give the government the keys.

The road noise would be considerably lessened if the tyres had sidewalls. I could see the ideal being a combination tyre with radial walls and internal spokes.

The road noise would be considerably lessened if the tyres had sidewalls. I could see the ideal being a combination tyre with radial walls and internal spokes.

Duct tape, man...

the largest contributor to noise, according to the tire dudes that I know, is the surface contacting the road. If you say, buy a normal radial tire with an "off-road" surface you have a good chance of increasing your road noise, while if you get a set of Michelin's with a more normal surface you'll have less.

If all it was, was having less open space they could easily cover the "spokes" with a solid surface...

Duct tape, man...

the largest contributor to noise, according to the tire dudes that I know, is the surface contacting the road. If you say, buy a normal radial tire with an "off-road" surface you have a good chance of increasing your road noise, while if you get a set of Michelin's with a more normal surface you'll have less.

If all it was, was having less open space they could easily cover the "spokes" with a solid surface...

With that open design there is nowhere for the noise to be absorbed, the addition of sidewalls would contain the noise far more.

No, No, NO! All the other nobel gasses names end with "on" so should Helium...errrr I mean Helon!

Fuck you. Helon makes it sound like the greeks discovered it. Helonum or Helium, those are the only choies. And I'm dead serious on Ferrium. I'm not calling it Iron anymore.

I don't think it would be that difficult to add a normal surface to the "tyre" thus decreasing road noise. It seems more likely the cops don't want them to be in use as they couldn't use those spikes... Kind of like good computer security. Before you sell it to anybody you have to give the government the keys.
I doubt it. You'd have to have some tread for wet conditions and those tires would create substantial noise over 50 mph and then there's the comfort factor. Even with a radically designed chasis to give more comfort to hard shell tires there's little that could be done for the high frequency vibration that would be absorbed through the chasis that is simply eliminated via the use of pnuematic tires.

Fuck you. Helon makes it sound like the greeks discovered it. Helonum or Helium, those are the only choies. And I'm dead serious on Ferrium. I'm not calling it Iron anymore.
Greeks did discover it.

Let's look at the other nobel gasses, which is the periodic family (group) that Helium belongs too.

NeON
KryptON
ArgON (You should be familiar with this one!)
XenON
RadON

Geee...I wonder what fits better HelON or Helonum?

Last edited:
All these:
Lithium Sodium Potassium Rubidium Cesium Francium Beryllium Magnesium Calcium Strontium Barium Radium Gallium Indium Thallium Scandium Titanium Vanadium Chromium Yttrium Zirconium Niobium Technetium Ruthenium Rhodium Palladium Cadmium Hafnium Rhenium Osmium Iridium Actinium Rutherfordium Dubnium Seaborgium Bohrium Hassium Meitnerium Darmstadtium Roentgenium Cerium Praseodymium Neodymium Promethium Samarium Europium Gadolinium Terbium Dysprosium Holmium Erbium Thulium Ytterbium Lutetium Thorium Protactinium Uranium Neptunium Plutonium Americium Curium Berkelium Californium Einsteinium Fermium Mendelevium Nobelium Lawrencium

There are many others but they haven't been dis-carvard.
But Al-ooooooooo-m-n-m???
Can't go far in America without bumping into dear old Noah!
Don't you mean, Noiah?

I guess your wife/significant other/maid will henceforth do the ferriuming. Nice to see a well ferriumed shirt in the wardrobe. Would we have to rename that strange kind of wit that Americans are reputed not to understand Ferriumony?
Mmm. I can see problems here.

I guess your wife/significant other/maid will henceforth do the ferriuming. Nice to see a well ferriumed shirt in the wardrobe. Would we have to rename that strange kind of wit that Americans are reputed not to understand Ferriumony?
Mmm. I can see problems here.

What's wrong with ironyium, seems very appropriate.

Back