America Isn’t the Greatest Country on Earth — And That’s Just Fine

Maybe he was triggered by microaggressions and had to share his feelings to regain his safe space.

After all, isn't the GOP frontrunner's platform "Make America Great Again"?

Didn't it hurt yours? Why do you hate America so much, Leon?

I don't. I'm just a bit more of a realist than you seem to be about where we stand on many things when compared to other countries, so opinion pieces like this don't hurt my feelings.
You really think the USA is #1 on everything?

So if you don't agree that something is the best on earth, you "hate" it?

Just wow.

It's the all or nothing childish mentality of the rabidly jingoistic right.
Trump has figured out how easy it is to manipulate these simple minds.
Granny is a good example of one.

American exceptionalism is nothing new, Brother Leon.

I realize that, Brother Legion. But many are finally coming around to the fact that it is neither wise nor realistic to live under that illusion.
The USA isn't always numero uno, and we can get into a lot of trouble thinking that we always are.

I realize that, Brother Legion. But many are finally coming around to the fact that it is neither wise nor realistic to live under that illusion.
The USA isn't always numero uno, and we can get into a lot of trouble thinking that we always are.

We are Number One in obesity!

USA! USA!

Calling a country "the greatest on Earth" is a meaningless statement. You should use specific some metric (GDP, population, land area, etc...) or else all you're doing is bloviating.

Last edited:
Calling a country "the greatest on Earth" is a meaningless statement. You should use specific some metric (GDP, population, land area, etc...) or else all you're doing is bloviating.
Yea and the "I never read a history book in my life and the only reason I think America is the greatest nation on the earth is because I've never been anywhere else." crowd could learn from the UK, Germany, Russia, France and Japan where that kind of moronic nationalism got their nations.

Patriotism is great but nationalist are morons.

I always find it amazing when people say that America is the greatest country - especially people who haven't traveled much. But really, anyone.

I mean, it may be, depending on your criteria. But people say it as a purely emotional, nationalistic sentiment. It doesn't really have any meaning.

I always find it amazing when people say that America is the greatest country - especially people who haven't traveled much. But really, anyone.

I mean, it may be, depending on your criteria. But people say it as a purely emotional, nationalistic sentiment. It doesn't really have any meaning.
Oh it's purely emotional but the old saying is right...patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Back