America Isn’t the Greatest Country on Earth — And That’s Just Fine

Go to Japan as I have and tell me which you prefer.

We have more freedoms than all the countries you mentioned. More job opportunities, better quality of life, the ability to move up economically is superior to those countries.

For all you people that don't think America is the greatest country, what I find interesting is that none of you can cite a single country that is equal or better than America. It took my family great effort to come here and I proud of this country.

You guys clearly aren't. Probably all born here and take it for granted.

Sorry - I respect you as a poster, but this is moronic. Why would I be able to cite a single country that is "better?" Am I qualified to do that...are you, based on the fact that you visited "several countries?

To say that means I'm not proud of this country is such complete BS. Typical emotional nationalism response. You're not thinking logically.

Sorry - I respect you as a poster, but this is moronic. Why would I be able to cite a single country that is "better?" Am I qualified to do that...are you, based on the fact that you visited "several countries?

To say that means I'm not proud of this country is such complete BS. Typical emotional nationalism response. You're not thinking logically.

So you can't find an equal or better country and you think you're qualified to judge my opinion? And cite where I said I believe solely because I visited other countries. You even mentioned people who haven't. You're not being logical here. And I respect you as well.

So you can't find an equal or better country and you think you're qualified to judge my opinion? And cite where I said I believe solely because I visited other countries. You even mentioned people who haven't. You're not being logical here. And I respect you as well.

What else are you basing it on?

Again - have you even considered every single country on the globe? Have you researched every country? What ARE you basing "greatest in the world" on, exactly?

What else are you basing it on?

Again - have you even considered every single country on the globe? Have you researched every country? What ARE you basing "greatest in the world" on, exactly?

I've already answered that in this thread.

If you can't give me another country that you think is equal or better, then you really have no leg to stand on in telling me I'm wrong.

I've already answered that in this thread.

If you can't give me another country that you think is equal or better, then you really have no leg to stand on in telling me I'm wrong.

I absolutely can. You haven't experienced every country on the planet. You haven't even researched every country on the planet. I doubt you can name every country on the planet. And yet you say the U.S. is "best."

I think I can question that. I think I can call that nationalistic and irrational, at best.

I absolutely can. You haven't experienced every country on the planet. You haven't even researched every country on the planet. I doubt you can name every country on the planet. And yet you say the U.S. is "best."

I think I can question that. I think I can call that nationalistic and irrational, at best.

What is irrational is you offer nothing to the contrary. All you're doing is saying, you're wrong with no evidence to the contrary.

Weak sauce.

What is irrational is you offer nothing to the contrary. All you're doing is saying, you're wrong with no evidence to the contrary.

Weak sauce.

It would be just as reckless & uninformed for me to pick a country at random and say, no, this one is the best.

Neither of us know a fraction of what we'd need to know to make such a determination.

Like I said, if pressed, I'd go by "happiness." And there are 12 other countries that are happier than America, based on a recent study.

But I don't want to do that, because it's still unfounded. I think America IS a great country. However, I'm in no position to call it the "greatest" - and neither are you, or most who make that claim.

It would be just as reckless & uninformed for me to pick a country at random and say, no, this one is the best.

Neither of us know a fraction of what we'd need to know to make such a determination.

Like I said, if pressed, I'd go by "happiness." And there are 12 other countries that are happier than America, based on a recent study.

But I don't want to do that, because it's still unfounded. I think America IS a great country. However, I'm in no position to call it the "greatest" - and neither are you, or most who make that claim.

I imagine people would flock to the greatest country on Earth in droves.

England, France, Japan, South Korea, etc.
Complete nonsense. Of course they do. Show me evidence that they have less political freedoms than we do in all respects. You're either being obtuse or are a chauvinist. Either way you're using a logical fallacy to support your argument.

LOL. So I can't have an opinion because you have no opinion about why this isn't the greatest country and can't even pick one country that is equal or better.

:rofl2:

Complete nonsense. Of course they do. Show me evidence that they have less political freedoms than we do in all respects. You're either being obtuse or are a chauvinist. Either way you're using a logical fallacy to support your argument.

England has no first amendment.

:palm:

Go to Japan as I have and tell me which you prefer.

We have more freedoms than all the countries you mentioned. More job opportunities, better quality of life, the ability to move up economically is superior to those countries.

For all you people that don't think America is the greatest country, what I find interesting is that none of you can cite a single country that is equal or better than America. It took my family great effort to come here and I proud of this country.

You guys clearly aren't. Probably all born here and take it for granted.
Again, more logical fallacies. I'm damned proud of my country too but I"m not a chauvinist about it. You do not have any facts that you can provide that other countries do not have the equivalent or more personal freedoms and liberties than we have, just your opinion. I've listed nations who's intrinsic worth and significance are equivalent to our nation.

Some of the items you posted are demonstrably wrong. There are nations with greater job opportunities, a higher quality of life, greater economic and social mobility, etc, etc.

You are, in fact, what is widely regarded as "The Ugly American".

Again, more logical fallacies. I'm damned proud of my country too but I"m not a chauvinist about it. You do not have any facts that you can provide that other countries do not have the equivalent or more personal freedoms and liberties than we have, just your opinion. I've listed nations who's intrinsic worth and significance are equivalent to our nation.

Some of the items you posted are demonstrably wrong. There are nations with greater job opportunities, a higher quality of life, greater economic and social mobility, etc, etc.

You are, in fact, what is widely regarded as "The Ugly American".

Freedoms are not facts?

You keep saying logical fallacy, but you do not know what it means. There is no logical fallacy in my opinion.

So now you insult me because I believe America is the greatest nation on Earth. Figures, you can't cite a single country that is equal or better, so you just resort ad homs. Isn't that a logical fallacy?

:rofl2:

Back