America Isn’t the Greatest Country on Earth — And That’s Just Fine

He talks about the War Remnants Museum in Saigon, I was there last month and he is absolutely spot on about the Agent Orange room. It might do some of you people good to see what was done over there.
I've heard some of the stories, and I'm not disputing any of them. I'll agree that we did some pretty stupid, disgusting, things over there.

OK, so why can't someone be proud of his own country? Especially if it's the best nation for him? what is wrong with that? Why are you dumbfucks so down on the US? Do you think it makes you seem more intelligent or sophisticated?

OK, so why can't someone be proud of his own country? Especially if it's the best nation for him? what is wrong with that? Why are you dumbfucks so down on the US? Do you think it makes you seem more intelligent or sophisticated?

Why is it impossible for you to conceive that one can be proud of their country AND recognize some of the horrendous things done in it's name?
Can't hold two thoughts in your head at the same time?
Are you that stupid?

Why is it impossible for you to conceive that one can be proud of their country AND recognize some of the horrendous things done in it's name? Can't hold two thoughts in your head at the same time? Are you that stupid?

Rhetorical question, Brother Leon?

Another false dichotomy. No one said that. Pointing that some one has a subjective opinion is hardly being critical of your own country and even then being critical doesn't mean you don't love your country. Neither does it mean that when you point out the dangerous mindlessness of nationalism.

Back