America's greatest african american heroes

I think the anonymous African-American man who Desh profiled as a "drug dealer" without a shred of evidence and then assaulted gets my vote. He didn't retaliate when she treated him disgracefully and spat in his face. A saint.

How can you say that? Snoops one of the greatest social commentators and philosophers of all times. He’s beloved by whites and blacks alike and has done more to heal racial divides in this nation then just about anyone all while keepin it real! Yo man... the Dogg is schinizzle!

Mmm....well, if I was to go with a celebrity I’d go with Emmit Smith or even Michael Jordan. Maybe even Larry Fitzgerald. They are all loved and revered by blacks and whites as well. I’ll keep my guys and you can keep Mr. Dogg. ;)

What an amazing story. White Americans hated him passionately back in the day but when he passed they lined up in their multitudes and wept at his passing. Truly the Greatest.

My dad didn’t hate him any more or less, though, than he hated Joe Theisman. He disliked both for the same reason. But my dad was an Army man during WWII, Korea and Vietnam Nam.

I see nobody mentioned a man who I admire and respect as a great voice/character actor. Best known for such roles in "Bingo Long Travelling All Stars", "The Lion King", "Coming To America", "Field of Dreams" and most notably as the voice of Darth Vader, James Earl Jones. Jones, like Sylvester Stallone, had to overcome a major speech impediment in order to achieve the great successes he's had.

As a musician, my list of African Americans is rather extensive. From Count Basie, Cab Calloway, Duke Ellington, John Coltrane, Max Roach, Dizzy Gillespie, to Verdine White, Louis "Thunder Thumbs" Johnson, Hugh Masekela, Tony Williams, Ron Carter, I could go on. See, it is possible to be Conservative and not a racist.

BTW, although Thurgood Marshall does have the distinction of being the first black AJSCOTUS, Clarence Thomas holds the distinction of being the first black AJSCOTUS to administer the Oath of Office, though. I won't discount that.

Mmm....well, if I was to go with a celebrity I’d go with Emmit Smith or even Michael Jordan. Maybe even Larry Fitzgerald. They are all loved and revered by blacks and whites as well. I’ll keep my guys and you can keep Mr. Dogg. ;)
Is any of them in the WWE Hall of Fame? Did they beat The Wu Tang Clan, Cypress or Bone Thugs in a smoke out? Could they hold hold their ground rapping against Eminem? Have they ever golfed with Lee Iococca?
Have they coached Pop Warner football or High School Football? Have they promoted Christianity through Gospel Music? Could any of them make Katy Perry look good? Did they have to escape the Crips? Have they gone to a war zone to support our troops? Have they ever said “Fuck the Police” in Compton and lived to tell about it? Have they ever been invited to a dinner for convicted felons by Martha Stewart? Have they ever performed on the Grand Ole Opry?

So yo. Snoop Dogg is great American!

Besides, I would have gone with George Washington Carver but noooooo! Somebody scooped me.

Back