Amy Winehouse reported dead

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Most of us who don't aren't chicks or homosexuals.

I need to cleanse my ear holes...

There... That's betta.

What kind of a bigoted , sexist statement is that? No basis in fact, yet, you wrote it. Well, there went your credibility.

What kind of a bigoted , sexist statement is that? No basis in fact, yet, you wrote it. Well, there went your credibility.

The Dalai Damocles brand of Buddhism is unique in my experience.

I had no idea her music sucked that bad. But then I hate jazz.

Actually it's soul. This isn't very similar to jazz at all. And this live performance is pretty awful.

Too many musicians today use effects to make everything sound nice on the studio album, and don't put in the effort required to make things sound nice live. For instance, I have no idea how the Black Eyed Pea's could have been allowed on the Superbowl stadium being that out of tune and generally awful sounding. I mean, the live autotune box is turned up to such an extreme level that you can hear the characteristic autotune vocal slide, and they still manage to sound out of tune. That's impressively awful. Then that hideous whore gets up and tries to sing something that's not rhythm based, Slash proves that he's the ultimate sellout, and you start to cry.

How could someone not like Kenny G?

Kenney G is pop fusion, IE "Smooth Jazz", not real Jazz. The only time when real jazz was anywhere near predominant was the 20's-60's. From then on, it's mostly white people doing pale imitations (it's cool now that black people don't actually listen to it anymore, just like Old School rap), and stuff from New Orleans.

You can put Kenny G in the top ten of the list of "Things Straight Men Pretend To Like So They Can Get Laid"...

;)

Kenny G isn't classy stuff. I think you are confused. It is, perhaps, something that a prole would think is classy stuff. The ultimate embarrassment to jazz is being confused with that shit.

If it's jazz, where does he go off key? Change keys? Where does he do chromatic slides? Where are any sort of jazz like chords or chord progressions? Why does he avoid the dominant 7th, which is pretty much essential to any sort of real jazz recording, like the plague (just like all other super-white form of music)? Where's the goddamn swing rhythm?

Kenny G is boring adult contemporary with a saxophone. Actually a clarinet with a brass body. It's not jazz.

Kenny G is to jazz what Pat Boone was to rock. No surprise that Dumb Yankee's web-wife prefers the white-bread, soulless version.

Back