Animal update for conservationists

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Sadly, the animal rescue organizations are quickly overwhelmed by the number of animals needing to be rescued. The space available quickly disappears.

I have a friend who decided to try and help the Humane Society in her county. She is now housing & feeding 16 dogs with no end in sight. She has spent thousands of dollars of her own money to build kennels and what little food the Humane Society can afford to give her does not come close to covering what the 16 dogs eat. She adopts them as quickly as she can, but so few people adopt rescues.

The idea of a "No Kill" shelter is a great one. But the reality is that it becomes long term housing for animals and means other animals are out there starving and in danger. A large adult dog is rarely adopted unless it looks like a lab.

Sadly, the animal rescue organizations are quickly overwhelmed by the number of animals needing to be rescued. The space available quickly disappears.

I have a friend who decided to try and help the Humane Society in her county. She is now housing & feeding 16 dogs with no end in sight. She has spent thousands of dollars of her own money to build kennels and what little food the Humane Society can afford to give her does not come close to covering what the 16 dogs eat. She adopts them as quickly as she can, but so few people adopt rescues.

The idea of a "No Kill" shelter is a great one. But the reality is that it becomes long term housing for animals and means other animals are out there starving and in danger. A large adult dog is rarely adopted unless it looks like a lab.

same here. my small animal rescue has become more of a sanctuary because most people would rather still buy from pet stores instead of adopt.

Sadly, the animal rescue organizations are quickly overwhelmed by the number of animals needing to be rescued. The space available quickly disappears. I have a friend who decided to try and help the Humane Society in her county. She is now housing & feeding 16 dogs with no end in sight. She has spent thousands of dollars of her own money to build kennels and what little food the Humane Society can afford to give her does not come close to covering what the 16 dogs eat. She adopts them as quickly as she can, but so few people adopt rescues. The idea of a "No Kill" shelter is a great one. But the reality is that it becomes long term housing for animals and means other animals are out there starving and in danger. A large adult dog is rarely adopted unless it looks like a lab.

Maybe you should pop in and shoot all the dogs.

What a good solid contribution to the discussion. Maybe you could tell us what you do to help alleviate this problem?

What's wrong with my suggestion?

Just the other day you said that you kill to help keep animals from starving.

So either shoot the dogs or give the lady the money to feed 'em.

What's wrong with my suggestion?

Just the other day you said that you kill to help keep animals from starving.

So either shoot the dogs or give the lady the money to feed 'em.

I donate to the Humane Society on a monthly basis. I also helped her build the kennels and have bought food quite a few times.

What about you? What do you do?

I donate to the Humane Society on a monthly basis. I also helped her build the kennels and have bought food quite a few times. What about you? What do you do?

Yet according to you, other animals are starving and in danger, and No Kill shelters don't work. When are you going to do what you usually do in such cases - kill?

Yet according to you, other animals are starving and in danger, and No Kill shelters don't work. When are you going to do what you usually do in such cases - kill?

Do you deny that other animals are starving and in danger?

Do you deny that No Kill shelters fill quickly? I never said they didn't work. I said they fill up.

Now, if you want to discuss this issue, I am happy to oblige. If you want to continue the anti-hunting conversation, bring back that thread. They are separate issues.

Do you deny that other animals are starving and in danger?

Did I say that?

Do you deny that No Kill shelters fill quickly? I never said they didn't work. I said they fill up.

So this quote of yours means that they do work?

...The idea of a "No Kill" shelter is a great one. But the reality is that it becomes long term housing for animals and means other animals are out there starving and in danger...

Now, if you want to discuss this issue, I am happy to oblige. If you want to continue the anti-hunting conversation, bring back that thread. They are separate issues.

Where is there an "anti-hunting conversation"?

Did I say that?

So this quote of yours means that they do work?

Where is there an "anti-hunting conversation"?

Oh, so you are sticking with the "did I say that?" line? It would be nice if you would actually discuss the issues, but I guess that is expecting too much.

Oh, so you are sticking with the "did I say that?" line? It would be nice if you would actually discuss the issues, but I guess that is expecting too much.

So you admit that I didn't say that.

Did I say that? :)

You said this:

...The idea of a "No Kill" shelter is a great one. But the reality is that it becomes long term housing for animals and means other animals are out there starving and in danger...

Then, apropos of nothing, you asked this:

...Do you deny that other animals are starving and in danger? Do you deny that No Kill shelters fill quickly?...

So you attempted to wriggle away from your claim that there is an "anti-hunting conversation" thread by unsuccessfully insinuating that I denied "that other animals are starving and in danger"?

You said this:

Then, apropos of nothing, you asked this:

So you attempted to wriggle away from your claim that there is an "anti-hunting conversation" thread by unsuccessfully insinuating that I denied "that other animals are starving and in danger"?

I made a statement about the problems facing No Kill shelters. Your response was that I should shoot some of the rescued animals. You brought up my statement about hunting to prevent starvation. And you asked when I was going to do what I usually do and kill. So you brought up elements from our conversation about hunting.

And now you want to pretend you didn't?

I made a statement about the problems facing No Kill shelters. Your response was that I should shoot some of the rescued animals. You brought up my statement about hunting to prevent starvation. And you asked when I was going to do what I usually do and kill. So you brought up elements from our conversation about hunting. And now you want to pretend you didn't?

When did I say that?

Where is this "anti-hunting conversation" you referred to?

When did say I that?

Where is this "anti-hunting conversation" you referred to?

Go back and reread the conversation we had in the thread about the record number of guns being bought around Xmas.

Back