Another Vigilante Case.......We Knew It Was Coming .....

Are you that desperate to start fighting about Trayvon Martin that you would try and make a comparison to a case that has absolutely no resemblance to it?

These cases are as different as night and day.

Have it your way... enjoy your hate thread... I wont play the game with you.

Trayvon defended himself when Zimmerman got out of the car and stalked him. This guy defended himself and the crowd when he tried to grab the gun out of the guys hand. Of course it's Missouri, not Florida. That is the only difference here.

can you stop being an idiot for one day?

Picking up a rock vs. actively having ones head slammed into the concrete is very different. I know you see that. Stop being so obtuse. As a libertarian you should respect the sanctity of ones body and the right to defend oneself.

Again. Same case, different state. And different skin color.

In both cases the shooter made the mistake. Zimmerman stalked Trayvon and this guy pulled his gun out and was shaking it around. Trayvon defended himself by punching Zimmerman. This guy defended himself and the crowd by trying to grab the gun.

Obtuse........... Use your brain please.

Trayvon defended himself when Zimmerman got out of the car and stalked him. This guy defended himself and the crowd when he tried to grab the gun out of the guys hand. Of course it's Missouri, not Florida. That is the only difference here.

Where have you heard that the victim tried to grab the gun?

It's toward the end of the link; "He went to the guy's arm to try to stop him, but the guy jerked back and popped him in the face," she said. "I watched him be shot in the face and fall down. I watched my husband bleed to death." Using "he" and "the guy" isn't very specific but I assume "the guy" is the shooter. Maybe I interpreted that wrong.

My problem in both cases is that the shooter instigated the confrontation and created the threat to himself and the victims.

you can stamp your feet over what an instigation is but the law doesn't see it that way. Following on a public sidewalk does not give one a license to start beating the shit out of someone. If the police got there before the gunshot trayvon martin the violent attacker would have been arrested.

It's toward the end of the link; "He went to the guy's arm to try to stop him, but the guy jerked back and popped him in the face," she said. "I watched him be shot in the face and fall down. I watched my husband bleed to death." Using "he" and "the guy" isn't very specific but I assume "the guy" is the shooter. Maybe I interpreted that wrong.

Well, that gives the guy a better case for self defense.

Man, I dunno WHY we have detectives or investigations or trials these days. Ought just ask JPP 'experts' to find the truth.

you can stamp your feet over what an instigation is but the law doesn't see it that way. Following on a public sidewalk does not give one a license to start beating the shit out of someone. If the police got there before the gunshot trayvon martin the violent attacker would have been arrested.

How does the law see it?

The law needs to be clarified. Instigate does not mean it justifies a reaction. I wish Trayvon would have been sent to jail but we don't know that it would have ended that way as he may have had a different story than Zimmerman.

It is not lawful to threaten someone with a rock. If the victim grabbed at him then that could be a crime in itself.

IMO, when you instigate the confrontation you acquire a duty to retreat.

There is a difference between "following" and "stalking". And stalking is illegal.

“Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.~Florida Stalking Law

Staring at someone through your car window in the rain for minutes and then following them when they try to exit the situation is stalking. But the court appears to think he had a legitimate purpose for these actions. The ONLY reason Zimmerman stalked Trayvon was because of profiling. A hoodie, a skin color, in the rain, never seen him does NOT make him a criminal you can stalk.

Man, I dunno WHY we have detectives or investigations or trials these days. Ought just ask JPP 'experts' to find the truth.

I find it funny that the same people who hate the law most of the time chose different times to state they are correct no if ands or buts.

So back to the topic;

"Loretta Dart, the victim's wife, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that her husband was trying to prevent an altercation between Crocker and one of the river-runners, who had picked up a pair of rocks, when he was shot."

So back to the topic;

"Loretta Dart, the victim's wife, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that her husband was trying to prevent an altercation between Crocker and one of the river-runners, who had picked up a pair of rocks, when he was shot."

So they come on his property, he tells them to leave, one of them picks up rocks knowing the guy has a gun? yep... they were definitely in the state of Misery.

I copy/pasted Florida's stalking law there kiddo. I didn't make it up.

No, you posted harassing, not stalking. Kiddo. What are you doing online kiddo? Summer break not over yet kiddo? Lemonade stand get closed kiddo? Also kiddo, following someone doesn't meet the burden for either, kiddo. I know you in your little kid world don't understand legal definitions, kiddo, but kiddo, there needs to be a PATTERN to establish if something is stalking or not, kiddo. Why don't you go ask your mommy to help you understand kiddo, just like you do for your homework kiddo.

Back