Anybody know how our Southern fancy fellows voted today?

Well based on your opinion, the answer is yes. You think the Boy Scouts are retarded to burn woods and leaves.

Maybe that's why you are unwilling to answer.

Read post 140. The answer should then be obvious. Unless, of course, you are unable or unwilling to learn.

The opposite of yes is no. Burning a campfire isn't at all like burning leaves since the fire can be hot enough to burn efficiently.

If you recall, I posted this: "Burning wood is not CO2 free; it releases carbon, stored over the previous decades, in one quick burst. For an equal amount of heat or electricity, it releases more CO2 than burning gas, oil and even coal, so straight away we have more CO2 in the air from burning wood."

If you recall, I posted this: "Burning wood is not CO2 free; it releases carbon, stored over the previous decades, in one quick burst. For an equal amount of heat or electricity, it releases more CO2 than burning gas, oil and even coal, so straight away we have more CO2 in the air from burning wood."

So? You got that wrong too. Burning wood is carbon neutral.

And you conveniently ignore the actual pollutants caused by burning leaves.

So? You got that wrong too. Burning wood is carbon neutral.

And you conveniently ignore the actual pollutants caused by burning leaves.

I am not. Anyway people don't burn leaves as much anyway so why worry?

Sometimes I use leaves as tinder to start a campfire, especially in a wet weather.

I am not. Anyway people don't burn leaves as much anyway so why worry?

Sometimes I use leaves as tinder to start a campfire, especially in a wet weather.

You're trying to walk back your claim that burning leaves was OK. Facts in evidence prove otherwise.

Back