Apocolypse

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
I've been watching some post-apocolypse movies and I was just wondering.

If a world wide pandemic or disaster would occur and things would revert to situations akin to the sceanarios in "The Postman" or even "The Roadwarrior"; do you think you would be able to put aside the trappings of civilization and become what woiuld pass for a warrior, to survive??
How far would you be willing to go, in order to have a better chance of staying alive??

Just some of the things that pop into my head, when it's getting late and the house is quiet.

I mean, I have a gun, but I'd run out of bullets pretty fast. And I can't kill things with my hands. Certainly not enough things to eat off of.

I am nough of a country boy to be able to survive, and have enough guns & ammo to be able to defend my family to make that survival happen.

It would depend on what sort of end the world had. A nuclear war would make huge tracts of the planet uninhabitable. A pandemic might take me out regardless of my gun safe's contents.

If my family died I might not put forth the effort. So it would depend on what happened.

I've been watching some post-apocolypse movies and I was just wondering.

If a world wide pandemic or disaster would occur and things would revert to situations akin to the sceanarios in "The Postman" or even "The Roadwarrior"; do you think you would be able to put aside the trappings of civilization and become what woiuld pass for a warrior, to survive??
How far would you be willing to go, in order to have a better chance of staying alive??

Just some of the things that pop into my head, when it's getting late and the house is quiet.
You ever read lord of the flies?

I am nough of a country boy to be able to survive, and have enough guns & ammo to be able to defend my family to make that survival happen.

It would depend on what sort of end the world had. A nuclear war would make huge tracts of the planet uninhabitable. A pandemic might take me out regardless of my gun safe's contents.

If my family died I might not put forth the effort. So it would depend on what happened.

Just remember that you might also survive a pandemic.

From other people I"ve talked to, the desire to survive seems to hinge a great deal on the family surviving.
Thanks for the input.

I would survive any apocalypse save a nuclear one. Unless it turned out like Fallout. Then I would fucking rule!

There are some pretty powerful bows and crossbows out there.
I don't doubt it. We have a bear season strictly for bow here. But I, lacking skill with a bow, will not try that. I am good with guns. Survival is dependent on me not doing things I suck at.

We'd do okay. The food would get boring rather quickly, but we'd do okay. I'd have to supplement with hunting in order to bring meat variety or all we'd have is chicken and goat.

There are some pretty powerful bows and crossbows out there.

I have used compound bows and I know my limitations. I'd be better served by stockpiling ammo and reloading supplies. The pulleys and such on compounds (and most crossbows) are prone to problems when not maintained properly.

I could stock what I need for my lifetime. And cap & ball revolvers would be simple but effective defensive weapons if needed. Hunting with a muzzleloader would be more effective than a bow.

I have used compound bows and I know my limitations. I'd be better served by stockpiling ammo and reloading supplies. The pulleys and such on compounds (and most crossbows) are prone to problems when not maintained properly.

I could stock what I need for my lifetime. And cap & ball revolvers would be simple but effective defensive weapons if needed. Hunting with a muzzleloader would be more effective than a bow.

Powder quality has a habit of degrading, over time.

Back