Are gays "born gay"?

And?

The point is that "normal" is not something we often base laws on. It is in fact the weakest leg of your platform.
Normal is beyond the fat part of the bell curve for a given behavior. Most statisticians will classify anything outside of the 90th or maybe the 95th percentile as abnormal. Homosexuality is past the 99th percentile.

What would that be?

Your reasons could vary. But the reasons you gave are wholesale invalid.

I was saying that it is obvious that you simply don't like the idea of gay people partaking in marriage.

You could just not like them. You could just be creeped out by them. You maybe just think they're akin to lepers, it could vary.

But you don't need a rational reason to not want gay marriage, as this thread has clearly shown.

Your reasons could vary. But the reasons you gave are wholesale invalid.

I was saying that it is obvious that you simply don't like the idea of gay people partaking in marriage.

You could just not like them. You could just be creeped out by them. You maybe just think they're akin to lepers, it could vary.

But you don't need a rational reason to not want gay marriage, as this thread has clearly shown.
My reasons are as stated and are just as valid as any. What makes them invalid?

Another reason is the damage that I think it would do to the kids. But that's another subject entirely. The thread is supposed to be about nature vs. nurture.

What red-blooded man would be freaked out by a lesbian (unless she looked like Rosie O'Donell)?

Not so for the lesbians; they were just normal screwed up kids.
//

so I guess you would support lesbian couples marrying and adopting or having kids by other means ?
After all that is what normal screwed up kids do.

Not so for the lesbians; they were just normal screwed up kids.
//

so I guess you would support lesbian couples marrying and adopting or having kids by other means ?
After all that is what normal screwed up kids do.
No, because the ideal situation is to have a mum and dad raise a child, and every child deserves at least the chance of that. Don't you like children?

No, because the ideal situation is to have a mum and dad raise a child, and every child deserves at least the chance of that. Don't you like children?

Kids are fine as long as they are someone elses.

What an idealist, heck the divorce rate alone shoots down your dream.

As I will keep saying southerndude, Thorn has posted the only scientific evidence on here so far about whether gays are born or created. I think most all of them are born that way.
At least all of them I have known since they were children were obviously gay from birth.
but that is the same as your beliefs and such just my thoughts on it and not scientific .

As I will keep saying southerndude, Thorn has posted the only scientific evidence on here so far about whether gays are born or created. I think most all of them are born that way.
At least all of them I have known since they were children were obviously gay from birth.
but that is the same as your beliefs and such just my thoughts on it and not scientific .

How do you tell a baby is gay? That's just too weird, man. Stay away from kids.

I've known people in college that were gay, and are now happily married (to the opposite sex) and with children. That blows the born gay theory to hell, doesn't it?

Push it to the absurd to make your point huh. I said kids not babies doofus.

Yeah like Ted Haggard, and others in denial trying to rif in to what they think society expects of them ?

Some of the worst mistakes in my life have been because of society/family pushing me in directions that were not right for me.

I've never been "freaked out"; but the ones I knew in college where all demented as hell. Not so for the lesbians; they were just normal screwed up kids.

Anecdotal evidence is not logical evidence.

I knew a lot of straight people in college that were "demented as hell" as well.

But I wouldn't want to interfere with their personal relationship decisions.

Anecdotal evidence is not logical evidence.

I knew a lot of straight people in college that were "demented as hell" as well.

But I wouldn't want to interfere with their personal relationship decisions.
There are plenty of documented cases that this has occurred. I am merely discussing some of my personal experiences.

I could tell you some great stories about these guys man. This goes beyond "Animal House".

Normal is beyond the fat part of the bell curve for a given behavior. Most statisticians will classify anything outside of the 90th or maybe the 95th percentile as abnormal. Homosexuality is past the 99th percentile.
So is skydiving. I guess we should keep people who do it from getting married.

So is skydiving. I guess we should keep people who do it from getting married.
Totally unrelated. Skydivers, however, should pay higher insurance premiums to pay for their risky lifestyle. Just like gays should pay for the consequences of their lifestyle choice.

Back