Are gays "born gay"?

Just curious, did you post anything legitimate or scientific (from a recognized journal and NOT the bible?) proving your case - aside form an op-ed that was supposed to prove something you wouldn't confirm when asked.
Perhaps you should read through the thread.

And what, SM is with your fixation with homosexuals all about? Serious question. I find it weird.
Using your same criteria, the same could be said about you. The Southern Man, however, is fixated on the truth.

It's a well known fact that smokers lead shorter lives than non smokers. Are you advocating the icriminalization of smoking. Hell it is well known that fat people have shorter lives than thin. Do we make fried chicken and pie illegal?....

No a better analogy would be that heterosexual couples that engage in S&M and BDSM behavior are "not normal" Hell they are down right out of the mainstream. I am not talking about the occasional tying up the old lady with a tie. I am talking St Andrews Cross in the extra room, ball gags, leather cuffs, paddles, whips, floggers canes. That is WAY outta the norm. So should breeders who tie eachother up and hurt one another be kept from marriage?

As a society, we should not encourage any of your examples.

Hey southern Dude are you like Gonzo and trying to take the most stupit title away from me ?
It sure looks that way.

I was in this for a bit then got out and then read the whole debate and added a little to the end. But after reading the entire thread to this point, Damo won the debate hands down. SM's whole argument was based on deviant behavior but there are LOTS of behaviors that deviate from the norm, which is all deviant means, that are not illegal and do not proscribe people from marrying including my example of BDSM and S&M behavior which are deviant but don't keep people from being married. If child bearing is what gives breeders the right to marry then being a member of the press should be the only thing that protects your speech. SM just admit, you don't want queers having the same licence as you cause it makes you feel icky and go on about your business.

Your logic has failed mainly because you confuse privledges with rights.

The development of a child is enhanced by having a mother and father. Such a family is the ideal for the future of the child and for the strength of a nation. I wonder how it is that unelected judges, like some in my state of Massachusetts, are so unaware of this reality, so oblivious to the millennia of recorded history. It is time for the people of America to fortify marriage through constitutional amendment, so that liberal judges cannot continue to attack it!
Mitt Romney, 2-7-08

It's a well known fact that smokers lead shorter lives than non smokers. Are you advocating the icriminalization of smoking. Hell it is well known that fat people have shorter lives than thin. Do we make fried chicken and pie illegal?

Dude, have you been following the various smoking bans enacted by states over the past decade or so? Here in WA we passed an initiative in 2006 and it passed by 2/3--pretty much, no more smoking in public.

Dude, have you been following the various smoking bans enacted by states over the past decade or so? Here in WA we passed an initiative in 2006 and it passed by 2/3--pretty much, no more smoking in public.
So when are you passing a gay marriage ban? :pke:

Hillary will make gay marriage mandatory. At least.025% of all marriges must be same sex marriages under a proposed law.

Hillary will make gay marriage mandatory. At least.025% of all marriges must be same sex marriages under a proposed law.
And if you don't go to her proscribed pastor, you can be jailed or fined $10,000. I've also heard that the plan covers divorce in a sweeping new Legicare program that will only cost 10% of your salary!

And if you don't go to her proscribed pastor, you can be jailed or fined $10,000. I've also heard that the plan covers divorce in a sweeping new Legicare program that will only cost 10% of your salary!

Yeah that was the part I liked best since I am not personally into same sex marriage. doubtful that I will be into marriage again anyway, but never say never :)

Plus the new pastor re-liscencing fees should bring in several billion in revenue.

the anti same sex marriage folks wanted the govt involved in marriage, well now they will have it.
Be careful what you ask for.

Last edited:
Yeah that was the part I liked best since I am not personally into same sex marriage. doubtful that I will be into marriage again anyway, but never say never :).....

Since you'll be able to marry another man, the law should be written to allow you to also marry your dog, or better yet, your hand.
:tongout:

Since you'll be able to marry another man, the law should be written to allow you to also marry your dog, or better yet, your hand.
Strawmen like this are so easily defeated, why do you even try?

Dogs and hands cannot consent to such. Therefore they cannot marry. And hand divorces are very painful. However, if you like this you can move to Afghanistan, if you are caught with your goat they'll force you to marry it.

Strawmen like this are so easily defeated, why do you even try?

Dogs and hands cannot consent to such. Therefore they cannot marry. And hand divorces are very painful. However, if you like this you can move to Afghanistan, if you are caught with your goat they'll force you to marry it.

It was meant as a joke, thus the smilie, but what the heck I'll argue the pint (mispelled but left as a pun) anyway.

A dog can give consent, just not in a known language. A hand can give consent by signing.

It was meant as a joke, thus the smilie, but what the heck I'll argue the pint (mispelled but left as a pun) anyway.

A dog can give consent, just not in a known language. A hand can give consent by signing.
Mine was also meant as a joke, hence the mention of hand divorce. A dog cannot give consent to marriage, it cannot understand it. A hand has no will of its own.

I read about some guy marrying a goat in Africa. So why not? the first one I married was a dog.

On the hand issue now, no way you could claim a marriage tax filing status without a seperate spouse of some kind.

Perhaps you should read through the thread.

Just what I thought. Clarification is also too hard. It's all good, though. I'll just go with my original assumption - you misinterpreted your 'proofs'. So, I win. :)

Using your same criteria, the same could be said about you. The Southern Man, however, is fixated on the truth.

How many threads have I started or posted in on the topic? To be honest, I will admit to being more like you than I care to admit. That is, like you, I'm fixated with the truth as well - hence my curiosity about you and fags.

Back