Armitage: 'I Made a Terrible Mistake... I'm Very Sorry'

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Thursday, September 07, 2006

WASHINGTON — The former No. 2 State Department official said Thursday he inadvertently disclosed the identity of CIA employee Valerie Plame in conversations with two reporters in 2003.

Confirming that he was the source of a leak that triggered a federal investigation, former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage said he never intended to reveal Plame's identity. He apologized for his conversations with syndicated columnist Robert Novak and Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward.

For almost three years, an investigation led by Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has tried to determine whether Bush administration officials intentionally revealed Plame's identity as covert operative as a way to punish her husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson, for criticizing the Bush administration's march to war with Iraq.

More at Link...

Well, except even the person who wrote the law said that whomever "leaked" this didn't break that law....

the CIA obviously thought that someone broke the law or they would never have asked for a justice department investigation....

and ....

I never knew that non-elected staffers were the final arbiters on the legality of actions on the part of other non-elected staffers

Gee, I wonder how thick the ice in hell will be, before those who accused Rove and Cheney falsely, are compelled to apologize?

about as thick as the ice in hell will be before you are compelled to apologize for YOUR slander! ;)

the CIA obviously thought that someone broke the law or they would never have asked for a justice department investigation....

and ....

I never knew that non-elected staffers were the final arbiters on the legality of actions on the part of other non-elected staffers
Don't be disingenuous it was the person who proposed it, a lawmaker... The law was not broken. That the CIA thought that a law was broken may be true, but that doesn't mean that a law was broken... Notice how Armitage, even when KNOWN he was the leak for all that time, has never been indicted? That is because no law was broken.

Did Rove CONFIRM the leak? Would the Novak article made it to print if he had only ONE SOURCE or did he need the CONFIRMATION SOURCE to print his article?

Did Cheney tell Libby to go after Wilson and his wife to discredit him and his comments regarding the yellowcake from Africa?

Did Scooter Libby leak to Judith Miller and/or Matt Cooper BEFORE Armitage leaked to Novak AND Woodard by SUPPOSED accident?

Did Scooter Libby and Rove leak Valerie Plame's identity and position to 6 or MORE reporters.

What compelled Scooter Libbey to send Fitzgerald and the grand jury on a wild goose chase?

Why did libby make up an entire story regarding plame that wasn't even CLOSE to the truth?

Why did he commit 5 aledged Felonies to cover his tracks if he had NOTHING to hide?

Care

and you happen to know the reason that Armitage has not been indicted ...how, again? that crystal ball?
Please... Logical progression works without Crystal Balls, and the last time you were left holding an expression of awe the last time you used this one! Why must you isist on looking like a fool?

;)

Did Rove CONFIRM the leak? Would the Novak article made it to print if he had only ONE SOURCE or did he need the CONFIRMATION SOURCE to print his article?

Did Cheney tell Libby to go after Wilson and his wife to discredit him and his comments regarding the yellowcake from Africa?

Did Scooter Libby leak to Judith Miller and/or Matt Cooper BEFORE Armitage leaked to Novak AND Woodard by SUPPOSED accident?

Did Scooter Libby and Rove leak Valerie Plame's identity and position to 6 or MORE reporters.

What compelled Scooter Libbey to send Fitzgerald and the grand jury on a wild goose chase?

Why did libby make up an entire story regarding plame that wasn't even CLOSE to the truth?

Why did he commit 5 aledged Felonies to cover his tracks if he had NOTHING to hide?

Care
Don't know, but he got indicted. Amazingly the "leaker" didn't. Hence the amazing Damocles can envision (through logic progression) that those who are perceived to have broken laws get indicted by this investigation, and that since Armitage didn't get indicted it must be ... hmmmm... Burning synapses... He didn't break the law!

It was known far longer that he did this than it has been known that Libby was indicted.

Don't be disingenuous it was the person who proposed it, a lawmaker... The law was not broken. That the CIA thought that a law was broken may be true, but that doesn't mean that a law was broken... Notice how Armitage, even when KNOWN he was the leak for all that time, has never been indicted? That is because no law was broken.

Are you talking about THAT VICTORIA BROAD? lol Damo....you can't get ANY MORE PARTISAN...than her and I don't care if she cotributed to writing the wording of this law or not.... Congress MAKE LAWS on the floor on the house and Senate, not Gonzalez or some advisor to the President or the Justice department, it is Congress. And MANY IN CONGRESS that were around when this law was passed feel that it could have been broken...

There ARE HUNDREDS OF LAWMAKERS that say the Law was broken too you know...

it is all hearsay I guess, since the others are LAWYERS too...

I guess what I am trying to say is that I wouldn't trust her opinion on her own on this matter for anything in the world....I would listen to what her view is and give credit to it, but I would also listen to other experts on the subject to before coming to any conclusions or take her stand alone word for it.

care

ps and I would most certainly take the investigator's word over hers since HE WAS THE ONE to hear all testimony and have all facts, Victoria was not and is not privvy to all of the info that fitzgerald has..

Last edited:
Are you talking about THAT VICTORIA BROAD? lol Damo....you can't get ANY MORE PARTISAN...than her and I don't care if she cotributed to writing the wording of this law or not.... Congress MAKE LAWS on the floor on the house and Senate, not Gonzalez or some advisor to the President or the Justice department, it is Congress. And MANY IN CONGRESS that were around when this law was passed feel that it could have been broken...

There ARE HUNDREDS OF LAWMAKERS that say the Law was broken too you know...

it is all hearsay I guess, since the others are LAWYERS too...

I guess what I am trying to say is that I wouldn't trust her opinion on her own on this matter for anything in the world....I would listen to what her view is and give credit to it, but I would also listen to other experts on the subject to before coming to any conclusions or take her stand alone word for it.

care

ps and I would most certainly take the investigator's word over hers since HE WAS THE ONE to hear all testimony and have all facts, Victoria was not and is not privvy to all of the info that fitzgerald has..
I would, however, trust the person who has known since the beginning (according to all the reports they have known it was Armitage since the beginning in this investigation) to know whether a law was broken and if he should indict. That along with the person who wrote the law gives me a pretty good idea that no law was broken.

No matter how much you try to spin it, it appears that this one ends with a *thud* as the box of evidence is dropped down onto the basement floor while moving it on to storage. As the end of the investigation comes nigh we find our "leaker" and also find it was known who he was from the very beginning...

Don't know, but he got indicted. Amazingly the "leaker" didn't. Hence the amazing Damocles can envision (through logic progression) that those who are perceived to have broken laws get indicted by this investigation, and that since Armitage didn't get indicted it must be ... hmmmm... Burning synapses... He didn't break the law!

It was known far longer that he did this than it has been known that Libby was indicted.

I think malice of some sort has to be involved or a conspiracy or some sort to show the malice?

Fitgerald said that he could not get to the bottom of who really was behind all the leaking regarding Plame, "Because Scooter Libby thru sand in (his) eyes...the umps eyes" in his metaphor to what happened Damo and this was after Fitzgerald already knew that Armitage was the first person to tell Novak?

Libby had nothing to do with Novak and we've known that all along?

I think malice of some sort has to be involved or a conspiracy or some sort to show the malice?

Fitgerald said that he could not get to the bottom of who really was behind all the leaking regarding Plame, "Because Scooter Libby thru sand in (his) eyes...the umps eyes" in his metaphor to what happened Damo and this was after Fitzgerald already knew that Armitage was the first person to tell Novak?

Libby had nothing to do with Novak and we've known that all along?
According to the original reports Armitage owned up to it right at the front. So yes, from the beginning they knew... It appears the sand wasn't only from "Scooter"...

The news and all of them have not once told the whole truth about this since the washington post editorial...no one has mentioned that Libby leaked to Judith Miller BEFORE, BEFORE, BEFORE Armitage spoke to Novak...that's the bottom line...he leaked BEFORE armitage... now Rove may not have, but as a fact in fitzgerald's press conference statement, we KNOW that libbey leaked weeks before the Novak incident.

so, the administration and their beloved propaganda machine may have worked on you, and the general unknowledgable puplic, but NOT on me! ;)

The news and all of them have not once told the whole truth about this since the washington post editorial...no one has mentioned that Libby leaked to Judith Miller BEFORE, BEFORE, BEFORE Armitage spoke to Novak...that's the bottom line...he leaked BEFORE armitage... now Rove may not have, but as a fact in fitzgerald's press conference statement, we KNOW that libbey leaked weeks before the Novak incident.

so, the administration and their beloved propaganda machine may have worked on you, and the general unknowledgable puplic, but NOT on me! ;)
Scooter was not indicted for leaking, because he didn't. And it wasn't BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE... Only the most extreme left are attempting to say it is.

Christopher Hitchens made it clear that they have known from the beginning that Armitage was the "leaker"... Obfuscation and evasion is exactly that. Nobody else is going to be indicted and it isn't because of "leaking"...

Another important effect of this is the idea that because Scooter was indicted he is guilty, that is not even close to being true. Many people have been indicted on many things and later to be found not guilty at trial or to even have charges dropped...

This one ends with all but the most insistent quietly sweeping it under a rug.

We'll soon know if I'm right. If Armitage broke a law by sourcing the Novak article he'll definitely be indicted now, right? Also, since the other two are identified as sourcing for others when are they going to be indicted for that? My guess is they won't because the "leak" wasn't the law that was broken and I use simple deductive reasoning to reach that point.

Well, except even the person who wrote the law said that whomever "leaked" this didn't break that law....

"even" LOL. So misleading Damo. The woman who wrote the law is a partisan.

Patrick Fitzgerald however, who is not partisan, says that because his investigation was impeded by liars, he has been unable to ascertain whether a law was broken, thus far.

You should read his press conference instead of running around with your hands over your eyes.

Karl Rove, (gosh don't tell me you partisans have forgotten that Matthew Cooper testified that Rove was his source?? Take your ginko boys) Scooter Libby and Armitage outed a CIA agent.

Almost defintely with the complicity of Cheney, and probably with the complicity of bush.

Saying "gosh I'm so sorry", not going to cut it. Sorry.

Back