ATM- Male VS Female

Hah! So you admit it!! We are better than women at writing our name in the snow hands free! I didn't say they "couldn't" do it. I said that we were better at it! :)
It depends on what you think is "better" and whether they are multi-tasking while they are doing it. Name one man you've seen run around in the snow with his pants off while spelling.

or bleed 3 days in a row with out dying!! Hell one time my wife spoke 3 differant languages at the same time. She was on the phone talking to a friend in Taiwan and her Dad and I were arguing. She went from talking to her friend in Manderin to yelling at her father and I in Tagalog and English respectively. I couldn't switch gears like that even if I did speak 3 languages, which I don't and that's another way women are superior, communications both verbal and non-verbal.

Okay, I admit that I would, like all other males, be too weak to birth babies.

That said, during my senior year of high school, between Dec. 2nd and Feb. 3rd I donated 2 pints of blood, endured a blood test for the Air Force, and had my wisdom teeth removed (which was about three days of bleeding). Naturally, I thank God I don't have periods (I don't play hockey).

Okay, I admit that I would, like all other males, be too weak to birth babies.

That said, during my senior year of high school, between Dec. 2nd and Feb. 3rd I donated 2 pints of blood, endured a blood test for the Air Force, and had my wisdom teeth removed (which was about three days of bleeding). Naturally, I thank God I don't have periods (I don't play hockey).

You got that right. I work with a sales rep who plays hokey and let me tell you, he's done one to many face plants into the ice!!

Well that's a good point but if you go down the list of objective criteria;

Women are generally smarater.

Women are generally tougher.

Women have superior communication, language and reading skills.

Women have superior logic and critical thinking skills.

Women are generally more productive in the work place.

and on and on. Now granted, not being able to write your name in the snow hands free is a serious set back for women but us guys must have some advantages!!

I disagree. I think women can be smarter in some things and tougher in some things (the giving birth analogy) I really think on the rest it is a case by case thing. My daughter is considering the Air Force. She has a career with them all planned out. She researched everything before even talking to a recruiter, he was impressed. On her pre test she scored an 88! He told her that was impressive too (national average on pre tests to the ASVAB are 42)...they really want her. She almost has enough college credits to enter OTC. She wants to be a pilot. He told her flat out 45% of women candidates who want to fly wash out in stress tests inside of simulators and that's why women will NEVER fly fighters. Men he said wash out at about 20%, but they wash out on the psyche tests. The moral to the story is that men are cut from a different kind of cloth that make them unique to face danger and endure stress...

I think the biggest problem we have is that people want men and women to all be equal in areas they were not designed to be equal in. I like my strengths and I accept my weaknesses.

I disagree. I think women can be smarter in some things and tougher in some things (the giving birth analogy) I really think on the rest it is a case by case thing. My daughter is considering the Air Force. She has a career with them all planned out. She researched everything before even talking to a recruiter, he was impressed. On her pre test she scored an 88! He told her that was impressive too (national average on pre tests to the ASVAB are 42)...they really want her. She almost has enough college credits to enter OTC. She wants to be a pilot. He told her flat out 45% of women candidates who want to fly wash out in stress tests inside of simulators and that's why women will NEVER fly fighters. Men he said wash out at about 20%, but they wash out on the psyche tests. The moral to the story is that men are cut from a different kind of cloth that make them unique to face danger and endure stress...

I think the biggest problem we have is that people want men and women to all be equal in areas they were not designed to be equal in. I like my strengths and I accept my weaknesses.

That is awesome, my brother just took the pre-test and got a 75. On average, the pre-test score is equal to about 10 points higher on the real ASVAB, which would put him at 85 and her at 98. I only got an 80 myself...

That is awesome, my brother just took the pre-test and got a 75. On average, the pre-test score is equal to about 10 points higher on the real ASVAB, which would put him at 85 and her at 98. I only got an 80 myself...

Was your 80 on the pre test or the actual ASVAB?

Tell your daughter to seek out my nephew.

Nor would he want to, but if he had to, he'd find a way to do it without pain and right on the first try. :D

Check back with us after you experience kidney stones.

Can you say Cry Baby?

I'll betch-ya' can!!

Guys can't even handle a fever. Just thinking about labor would produce hemorrhoids. :eek:

Check back with us after you experience kidney stones.

Can you say Cry Baby?

I'll betch-ya' can!!

Guys can't even handle a fever. Just thinking about labor would produce hemorrhoids. :eek:
Been there, done that. In fact I passed the stone in the tub of my barracks room. Some idiot next door kept pounding on the wall trying to get me to "shut up, a$$hole!"

I got a 99 on the ASVAB, and I went to DLI to take Russian, they tried to push me into nuke school, but I like learning languages.

My 2 nephews scored high and went to Monterey. One Air Force and one into the Army. Their languages were Spanish and Arabic (Air Force) and Arabic and Korean (Army)

My son has a friend over who is being recruited into the Coast Guard. He speaks Russian, a language I cannot recall, and English. Yet, unless he scores very high they won't use him neccesarilly for his languages...I don't get that?

Been there, done that. In fact I passed the stone in the tub of my barracks room. Some idiot next door kept pounding on the wall trying to get me to "shut up, a$$hole!"

Well take that and times it by 5000 and you might get an idea of what childbirth is like.

My boyfriend has 4 grown girls and saw all of them born. He is the only man I know who has begun to understand the pain and significance of childbirth and the strength of a woman without ever going through it.

That is not to say that men don't have equal and important strengths, but the notion that women wanted to be barefoot and pregnant from my standpoint is ludicrous. I have two daughters. First one born was 4 hours of labor. Second one was a half hour. Bar none, the hardest damn thing in the world in terms of pain I have ever endured.

My advice to pregnant women? TAKE THE DAMN DRUGS!

Well take that and times it by 5000 and you might get an idea of what childbirth is like.

My boyfriend has 4 grown girls and saw all of them born. He is the only man I know who has begun to understand the pain and significance of childbirth and the strength of a woman without ever going through it.

That is not to say that men don't have equal and important strengths, but the notion that women wanted to be barefoot and pregnant from my standpoint is ludicrous. I have two daughters. First one born was 4 hours of labor. Second one was a half hour. Bar none, the hardest damn thing in the world in terms of pain I have ever endured.

My advice to pregnant women? TAKE THE DAMN DRUGS!
Actually a girl at the urologist had birthed and passed a stone, and she informed me, "Passing a stone was far more painful."

I think it may be that she took drugs for the birth.

:party:

Was your 80 on the pre test or the actual ASVAB?

The actual, but they said that an 80 will pretty much qualify you for any career field that you desire. I believe Air Defense required a 75, so I was good there... My TI, who initially went into security forces (MPs as the Army calls them) admitted he only got a 45, but he was one hell of a TI - probably the best the AF has ever produced (never made a single error in front of us), so I truly benefited...

Back