ATM- Male VS Female

The actual, but they said that an 80 will pretty much qualify you for any career field that you desire. I believe Air Defense required a 75, so I was good there... My TI, who initially went into security forces (MPs as the Army calls them) admitted he only got a 45, but he was one hell of a TI - probably the best the AF has ever produced (never made a single error in front of us), so I truly benefited...

Air Defense? Like a war room scenario?

The whole idea of the test is about fitting the man or woman to the right job they will excell in. The one thing these recruiters are pounding on is "study" makes for a higher score and therefore offers more choices. Too, there is a ceiling for everyone and you don't want to end up in an area you won't excell in...sound logic. My son scored a 58 on his, but he has never been the academic his sister is. BTW he does not know his sister scored higher or that she has even taken a test. My son has a year to imrove himself before he takes his actual. I know as a mom what he excelled at as a young child and it will be interesting to see the fit to a job the Navy gives him.

Air Defense? Like a war room scenario?

The whole idea of the test is about fitting the man or woman to the right job they will excell in. The one thing these recruiters are pounding on is "study" makes for a higher score and therefore offers more choices. Too, there is a ceiling for everyone and you don't want to end up in an area you won't excell in...sound logic. My son scored a 58 on his, but he has never been the academic his sister is. BTW he does not know his sister scored higher or that she has even taken a test. My son has a year to imrove himself before he takes his actual. I know as a mom what he excelled at as a young child and it will be interesting to see the fit to a job the Navy gives him.

I scored best in the "general" area. My mechanical and electronic scores were deplorable. Basically, in Air Defense (called Aerospace Control and Warning Systems) we operate radar systems, but its different from air traffic control. We work alongside fields called Weapons Controllers and Air Battle Management (mostly officer positions, but enlisted can train into it as technicians). In my case, I work under NORAD where US and Canadian forces work together for the air defense of N. America.

M daughter has not made up her mind. I am staying out of it as I don't want to sway her either way. My son on the other hand is Navy all the way.

Is your nephew going enlisted?
He is. He's going in as a computer geek.

He broke the chain, 5 generations of Navy, and one Zoomie geek.

:P

Back