ATTN: NEOCONS... I have a plan....

Dixie said:
"I will explain this one more time so you may comprehend it... Nothing effects profits other than people not buying your stuff. You can try to wage war on profits all you like, you will never effect them as long as there are customers willing to buy what is being sold. Restrictions, regulations, mandates, taxes, penalties, fines, etc.... DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER effect the profits. You can pretend that is the case if you like, doesn't matter to me, but that is the bottom line."

talk about clueless.
This is another classic ?

It appears you are the one who is clueless, if that is all you have to say.

Dixie. They may ATTEMPT to always pass costs along, but sometimes the market may be too price competitive and they cannot, or a myriad of other factors may come into play. It's something they do TRY to do, but do not always succeed at. You're a ridiculous fool.

But the goal is not to "reduce profits". The goal is to get them to merely act withing a more balanced context of other considerations in the conduct of their business, if the costs are passed along, so be it.

Dixie. They may ATTEMPT to always pass costs along, but sometimes the market may be too price competitive and they cannot, or a myriad of other factors may come into play. It's something they do TRY to do, but do not always succeed at. You're a ridiculous fool.

The price competitiveness of the market has absolutely nothing to do with profits. But again, if a corporation wanted to reduce their consumer price to remain competitive, this is not compensated for by reduction in profits! They will 'downsize' or find more efficient ways of operating, reduce their costs and expenses, but they will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER reduce profits to make that happen! IT NEVER HAPPENS!

And I am not a ridiculous fool, I am telling you what anyone with any degree of understanding about business and economics will tell you. You are the one being a ridiculous fool, because you haven't cited one single example of what you suggest, ever happening in business! You continue to make these idiotic arguments that fly in the face of capitalism and reality, and make absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

The price competitiveness of the market has absolutely nothing to do with profits.
They can be related. it may not be easy to raise prices to maintain profit levels if there is too much price competition in the market.
But again, if a corporation wanted to reduce their consumer price to remain competitive, this is not compensated for by reduction in profits! They will 'downsize' or find more efficient ways of operating, reduce their costs and expenses, but they will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER reduce profits to make that happen! IT NEVER HAPPENS!
They don't plan for it. let's put it that way.
And I am not a ridiculous fool, I am telling you what anyone with any degree of understanding about business and economics will tell you. You are the one being a ridiculous fool, because you haven't cited one single example of what you suggest, ever happening in business! You continue to make these idiotic arguments that fly in the face of capitalism and reality, and make absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

You are a ridiculous fool. Coporations may not like to lose profits and they try not too, but just because the INTENT of a corporation is to never lose profits, execution is never that perfect, dillhole.

This is not about "attacking profits" anyway. The point is to keep the conduct and practices of business inside a more long term set of principles.

Dixie, I'm against the "windfall profit tax" on oil companies. It is absolutely pointless. Maybe you're thinking of that issue when you keep talking about profit.

Back