awwww yeah... can i get some justice in da house!!!!

Darla, actually its not the virginia chapter its the Atlanta chapter....

ATLANTA -- An NAACP leader said Michael Vick should be allowed to return to the NFL, preferably the Atlanta Falcons, after serving his sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation.

"As a society, we should aid in his rehabilitation and welcome a new Michael Vick back into the community without a permanent loss of his career in football," said R.L. White, president of the NAACP's Atlanta chapter. "We further ask the NFL, Falcons, and the sponsors not to permanently ban Mr. Vick from his ability to bring hours of enjoyment to fans all over this country."

its what im reading, i am not making this up.... i don't understand the point youa re trying to make

What do you mean you don't understand the point I'm trying to make Rob? I knew it was the Atlanta chapter I don't know why I wrote VA instead. But that wasn't my point anyway. Did you read the article here?????? "THE NAACP" has not done what you keep saying they did.

One guy, the head of the Atlanta chapter, made the statements you are attributing to "The NAACP".

You are broadstroking an entire organization.

The problem is the involvement with gambling. Crap, look at Pete Rose. (I know a different sport, but they have the same type of universal policy in regard to gambling). It wouldn't even matter that it had nothing to do with the NFL, they don't want them to be beholden to those who run illegal gambling as they can be "encouraged" to "help" them during games.

Vick said he never gambled .. and why would he?

I believe he bankrolled it and enjoyed dogfighting. His involvement was as about as stupid as one could possibly be. Stupid to the nth degree.

He should pay for his crime then renew his life. The media, sports, and to a great degree, most Americans focus on the negative.

What do you mean you don't understand the point I'm trying to make Rob? I knew it was the Atlanta chapter I don't know why I wrote VA instead. But that wasn't my point anyway. Did you read the article here?????? "THE NAACP" has not done what you keep saying they did.

One guy, the head of the Atlanta chapter, made the statements you are attributing to "The NAACP".

You are broadstroking an entire organization.

Here is what the HEAD of the NAACP had to say ...

NAACP head: Vick 'is not a victim'
Associated Press
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070823.wsptvicknaacp23/BNStory/Front

August 23, 2007 at 1:08 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — Falcons quarterback Michael Vick "is not a victim" and should be held responsible for his actions involving a dogfighting ring in Virginia, the national president of the NAACP said Thursday.

"He absolutely must account for what he has done," Dennis Courtland Hayes, interim president and CEO of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said in an interview with The Associated Press. He had earlier given similar comments to NBC's "Today" show.

But is much more sensationalistic to suggest that the entire NAACP is represented by someone whose comments you don't agree with. The head of the Atlanta chapter gave his opinion, which is shared by many whites as well, but did not speak for the entire organization.

Let's also omit from conversation that there are whites who don't buy into this hype either. Only use the "NAACP" code word excitment.

As I repeat, this is nothing but hype.

NFL Suspends Michael Vick Indefinitely, Without Pay
No matter how nuanced his confession for involvement in dogfighting, Michael Vick got no leniency Friday from the NFL.

Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended the Atlanta Falcons quarterback indefinitely without pay, just hours after Vick filed a plea agreement that portrayed him as less involved than three co-defendants and guilty mainly of poor judgment for associating with them.

Vick acknowledged bankrolling gambling on the dogfights, but denied placing bets himself or taking any of the winnings. He admitted that dogs not worthy of the pit were killed "as a result of the collective efforts" of himself and two co-defendants.

Free Michael Vick! Down with Pitbulls!

Vick said he never gambled .. and why would he?

I believe he bankrolled it and enjoyed dogfighting. His involvement was as about as stupid as one could possibly be. Stupid to the nth degree.

He should pay for his crime then renew his life. The media, sports, and to a great degree, most Americans focus on the negative.
As far as I understand it he admits to backing the gambling. This is bad enough for the NFL to "do its worst" so to speak.

I personally don't care. Vick won't ever be doing that to any more dogs whether he plays in the NFL or not.

Umm he admitted to backing the illegal gambling. From all I have read anyway.
Just what "backing" means I have no idea at this time.
I realize this is just my opinion, but I wouldn't care if he was actively betting on the dog fights. it has nothing to do with his NFL career

Vick should be banned for life from the NFL. Period. Not because he is black, not because he is wealthy, but because of the following...

1) He was charged with an illegal act

2) When confronted by his boss and the league he gave them his word that he was not involved and would be vindicated... He lied to his employers.

3) When the evidence mounted against him, he did not apologize to the owner and league for lying to them and to date has shown no remorse for his actions.

4) Now he has plead guilty to the charges.. so we know the barbaric accusations are true.

Now perform an honest assessment... how many companies would re-hire an employee that had done the above? Would yours?

A ban would not prohibit Vick from playing football, just from playing it in the NFL.

Anyway, evidence of the extremely strict policy against gambling:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8R9F2701&show_article=1

From the story:
The NFL suspended him indefinitely and without pay Friday after his plea agreement was filed. Merely associating with gamblers can trigger a lifetime ban under the league's personal conduct policy.

It seems that I was right about the policy and the fact that IF he gets a lifetime ban it will be because of the associative gambling and not for his treatment of the animals.

Of course I don't expect whomever may have said it was BS that the policy existed and that it was somehow an opinion of mine that it did to apologize to me or even to recognize the fact that it does exist. I'm just wondering what such a person might say, if they existed....

Vick should be banned for life from the NFL. Period. Not because he is black, not because he is wealthy, but because of the following...

1) He was charged with an illegal act

2) When confronted by his boss and the league he gave them his word that he was not involved and would be vindicated... He lied to his employers.

3) When the evidence mounted against him, he did not apologize to the owner and league for lying to them and to date has shown no remorse for his actions.

4) Now he has plead guilty to the charges.. so we know the barbaric accusations are true.

Now perform an honest assessment... how many companies would re-hire an employee that had done the above? Would yours?

A ban would not prohibit Vick from playing football, just from playing it in the NFL.
You do NOT know if all the charges are true. just the ones he has pled too. he allso didn't have anything to do with the trade center bombing. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be punished, but the charges have nothing to do with football

You do NOT know if all the charges are true. just the ones he has pled too. he allso didn't have anything to do with the trade center bombing. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be punished, but the charges have nothing to do with football

Just the little fact that he violated his contract with the NFL.

as others have said he can play football in someplace besides the NFL. Maybe he will take up soccer.

Anyway, evidence of the extremely strict policy against gambling:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8R9F2701&show_article=1

It seems that I was right about the policy and the fact that IF he gets a lifetime ban it will be because of the associative gambling and not for his treatment of the animals.

Of course I don't expect whomever may have said it was BS that the policy existed and that it was somehow an opinion of mine that it did to apologize to me or even to recognize the fact that it does exist. I'm just wondering what such a person might say, if they existed....
hey Dimmy, I never said the policy was your opinion. I said it shouldn't be that way, and that was my opinion. Spinining it to your way of thinking doesn't cut it. I did say I think the policy is BS. Get things right for once.

IT DOES NOT MATTER. The charges he plead guilty to are a part of what he told the league he was innocent of. They alone show he lied to them. We will never "know" which of the other charges were true or not because of the plea deal. So I will base my opinion on what he DID plead guilty to.

The charges may have nothing to do with football, but if you were to be charged and now convicted of a crime... which you lied to them about your involvment and which is bad for their public image and thus revenue, then you should not expect to get your job back when you get out of jail.

Back