Bank Run... Gold and Silver Up

Yes, exactly. They are imperfect communication. I just think that it's useless to argue about vague facts like how perfectly we believed you used your words, and just get down to the obvious meat of the argument.
Yes, but the meat of the argument lies in the semantics of the words used. Always. It has to, unless you're telepathic.

Yes, but the meat of the argument lies in the semantics of the words used. Always. It has to, unless you're telepathic.

Well, if there is disconnect then you seek to define the terms. But making the argument about the words is a good way to waste a lot of time.

Ib1 knew what I meant. He simply wanted to argue my use of the word.

Semantic arguments are retarded, especially when you know full well what the person means.

And no the use is not retarded. You won't even back that up, ib1, you'll just keep asserting it over and over.

Buzz off, gnat.

Well, if there is disconnect then you seek to define the terms. But making the argument about the words is a good way to waste a lot of time.

Ib1 knew what I meant. He simply wanted to argue my use of the word.
"Making the argument about the words" would be the opposite of making it about semantics. Semantics is that which concerns meaning or significance. Linguistics and grammar are concerned with symbols and their usage.

I did preface this whole thing with a "pet peeve" warning, did I not?

One must ALWAYS define the terms adequately. Without explicit definition, you just have verbal flatulence. Or AssHat-ism, which is more-or-less synonymous.

Semantic arguments are retarded, especially when you know full well what the person means.

And no the use is not retarded. You won't even back that up, ib1, you'll just keep asserting it over and over.

Buzz off, gnat.
People who think that "semantic arguments" concern the "proper" dictionary definition of words are retarded.

:pke:

Buzz off, gnat.

I've made my point in the original thread. You keep defending the idea that US currency is illegitimate because it doesn't reflect the value of gold, and ergo (so you say) it is counterfeit. That is utterly retarded.

I've made my point in the original thread. You keep defending the idea that US currency is illegitimate because it doesn't reflect the value of gold, and ergo (so you say) it is counterfeit. That is utterly retarded.
Only if you're using "retarded" as a synonym for "stupid" or "silly".

:cof1:

ANd i corrected you in the original thread. Fiat currency is illegitimate, yet not counterfeit. Don't be a dense queefsniff.

Back