Beer Review: Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

If your open to a couple of more comments (and I'll try not to offend Yurt ;). You're opening sentence and your conclusion are fine but consider this. horrible grammar to end your sentence like this The first sentence should be more than an introduction. It should be a thesis statement that will tell the reader what the article is going to be about. The title states "a 12 oz beauty" and the article is a review of a brand of Sam Adams beer but the opening thesis statement leads the reader to believe the article is about beer in general. In other words, you may want to give some thought to doing some crafting on your opening thesis statement to better reflect what the article you are writing is going to be about. Same thing with your conclusion. Again it's not a bad conclusion but keep in mind that your conclusion should concisely summarize your review of the beer and not your thoughts on drinking quality beer in general.

a thesis is NOT an opening statement. do you even know what a thesis is?

i applaud capt for creating his reviews. i remember his first review and i gave him constructive criticism for his review. capt creates unique reviews, to call him out for minor OPINIONATED grammar errors is missing the point. capt doesn't claim to be a professional writer, he is simply doing his best to expand his horizons. he likes beer, so he writes about it. and he writes well.

for mott to mock capt is ludicrous. for starters....mock has his is own grammatical and spelling errors.

i say --> well done capt.

the NW has the best breweries in the nation....imo....deschutes brewery creates world class beer.
Now now, let's not get carried away. The NW certainly has some AMAZING brewers. But they don't have Dogfishhead, or Founders, or Great Lakes, or Bells, or Brooklynn. There are PLENTY of breweries on the EC and in the MW to give them a run for their money.

i applaud capt for creating his reviews. i remember his first review and i gave him constructive criticism for his review. capt creates unique reviews, to call him out for minor OPINIONATED grammar errors is missing the point. capt doesn't claim to be a professional writer, he is simply doing his best to expand his horizons. he likes beer, so he writes about it. and he writes well.

for mott to mock capt is ludicrous. for starters....mock has his is own grammatical and spelling errors.

Actually I'd LOVE to be published professionally. Lucky for me I have several friends in various parts of the industry to help. But I haven't wrote enough that is good enough in my eyes. My beer reviews really the only thing that I've continually written than I actually like. I've got about 10 books in various stages of writing. Probably won't finish any of them.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Mott can lick a hairy chode as far as I'm concerned.

Now now, let's not get carried away. The NW certainly has some AMAZING brewers. But they don't have Dogfishhead, or Founders, or Great Lakes, or Bells, or Brooklynn. There are PLENTY of breweries on the EC and in the MW to give them a run for their money.

i have yet to have a beer that beats deschutes brewery.

obsidian stout is simply amazing. they explain how wonderful it is:

Obsidian Stout is as black as the nearby volcanic flow from which it gets its name. It’s a deep and satisfying experience, with distinct notes of chocolate, espresso, roasted malt and black barley. It is robust and full, with a big roasted finish.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brews/year-round-brews/obsidian-stout/default.aspx

there isn't a beer they make that i don't like. granted, i have not tried the breweries you mentioned. do they sell their product online?

Actually I'd LOVE to be published professionally. Lucky for me I have several friends in various parts of the industry to help. But I haven't wrote enough that is good enough in my eyes. My beer reviews really the only thing that I've continually written than I actually like. I've got about 10 books in various stages of writing. Probably won't finish any of them.

keep writing. writing is an interesting art. it has little to do with how you speak, talk or your level of intellect. for example - dean koontz - some might consider him mediocre because he doesn't write in a style that makes you think a great deal. yet...he does make interesting points in his writing. his writing is not meant for intellectual thought...he writes to entertain and he does a damn good job of doing so.

jacqueline carey writes in a style that is heady. if i want as quick read, i will not read her books. her books are not 'pick me up' and finish them by the end of the night like koontz's books. her writing style is beautiful. doesn't mean that she writes better or worse than koontz, it is simply a matter of style. and i like your style.

keep at it.

Redhook is my favorite local brewery, but Alaskan is still my favorite overall.

I recently had Fueller's ESB from a store called 99 Bottles, and it definitely gave the Redhook ESB a run for the money.

Redhook is my favorite local brewery, but Alaskan is still my favorite overall.

I recently had Fueller's ESB from a store called 99 Bottles, and it definitely gave the Redhook EB a run for the money.

they make great beer.

Mott's beer of choice --> has a nasally note, accompanied by a liberal taste of bitter grainy sludge followed by a slurping of bottom sentiment.

Three, have you been to the Redhook brewery?

I toured it a month ago. You may recall the specific Saturday because there was really stormy and windy weather that day. The guy who conducted the tour, Kevin, was fuckin' hilarious. Since the resturant area was full, we bought some bottles of the Bock (I would have thrown in a t-shirt, but the one I liked was sold out in my size), and headed off the check out the Woodinville Whiskey Co. that Kevin had advertised. Good thing, too, because as we were standing around, they got a phonecall from someone at Redhook letting them know the storm had knocked out their power.

I have never toured anything else besides Redhook. No wineries, etc.

Also, Grind, since you're reading this... have you toured the Sam Adams brewery? Because if not we're going.

:fu:

really mott? you really had to bitch and act like you're all that...capt has a greater gift for writing than you, yet you think you are so good, you can critique his work....with letter grades no less!

:fu:

does mott really seem like the type of person to tear people down? he was just trying to be helpful, even if you disagree with his analysis.

Back