Beer!

So beer, all civilized folk enjoy it.
Which beer is the best.
Not best draught, not best on the wood, just which is best.

I'm saying the best beer on earth is American, I'm sure those in the know, with a palate will agree!!

i like to kick back and relax with a nice bud light, followed perhaps by some PBR. If I am feeling adventurous I might go for a rolling rock.

Alaskan Amber is my favorite beer. I do love Sam Adams' seasonal Oktoberfest.
an all German judging panel declared Sam Adams Octoberfest to be the worlds best Marzen in Munchen at the Octoberfest 2011.
I must try the Alaskan, though Ambers are not my preferred beer.

IPAs are my poison, preferably those topping 60ibu's!
I'm a beyond standard hop head who has taken a lupulan threshold shift to new levels!!
109 ibu's is where I'm going these days!

I do not like hoppy beers, and hence IPA's. That's awesome that Sam Adams was well received in Germany.
If you can try one fresh and local, you may find the hop profile more pleasing.
Fresh and local is the secret to enjoying beer!

I'm taking a trip to Waterbury VT tomorrow to grab 4 or 5 cases of "The alchemist, Heady Topper" canned on the day, shared amongst mates for thanksgiving!!

Possibly( DEFINATLY by my estimation) the best beer in the USA, some say the best on earth !

an all German judging panel declared Sam Adams Octoberfest to be the worlds best Marzen in Munchen at the Octoberfest 2011.
I must try the Alaskan, though Ambers are not my preferred beer.

IPAs are my poison, preferably those topping 60ibu's!
I'm a beyond standard hop head who has taken a lupulan threshold shift to new levels!!
109 ibu's is where I'm going these days!

You'd like the Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA. Also 120 IBUs, which is way too much for me. I try to stay under 60.

Which beer is the best.

I'm saying the best beer on earth is American, I'm sure those in the know, with a palate will agree!!

How any self respecting Brit can say that is beyond me.

How any self respecting Brit can say that is beyond me.

Because, to be frank, it's a fact.
The USA is at the forefront of the craft beer movement, England makes great cask beers, but those same beers change for the worst on draught or when bottled/canned.

A good number of Scottish beers impressed me on a recent visit.
Williams Brothers "Good Times" was fantastic. My old pals at brewdog with their Punk IPA get great kudos!

One English beer you should try is Timothy Taylor's "havercake ale".
There is a current release(3rd in10 years)!!

The best beer is Dog Fish Head 90 Minute IPA. And, no, this is not a matter of opinion. Runner's up include Stone IPA, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, Dog Fish Head Burton Baton and Firestone Walker Double Jack.

The best beer is Dog Fish Head 90 Minute IPA. And, no, this is not a matter of opinion. Runner's up include Stone IPA, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, Dog Fish Head Burton Baton and Firestone Walker Double Jack.
However, the UKs CAMRA, list none of the above!
DFH is good beer with even smarter marketing.

Beer advocate lists Pliny the younger, pliney the Elder(Russian river brewing) and the alchemists "heady Topper " from Vermont as candidates for the best IPA in the world.
I'm favoring Heady topper but thst could be due to its freshness because it is made locally.
The Hill Farmstead is a great brewery as is New England Brewings Ghandi Bot( if you can get it fresh )!

However, the UKs CAMRA, list none of the above!
DFH is good beer with even smarter marketing.

Beer advocate lists Pliny the younger, pliney the Elder(Russian river brewing) and the alchemists "heady Topper " from Vermont as candidates for the best IPA in the world.
I'm favoring Heady topper but thst could be due to its freshness because it is made locally.
The Hill Farmstead is a great brewery as is New England Brewings Ghandi Bot( if you can get it fresh )!

Also, too, I forgot one: Victory Hop Devil IPA, which is actually what I try to keep in the fridge at pretty much all times.

Also, too, I forgot one: Victory Hop Devil IPA, which is actually what I try to keep in the fridge at pretty much all times.
Have you tried Hop Wallop also from Victory?
Or Ithaca Flower Power?
The hop note, not fully balanced to the malt( yet still nicely integrated) has been known to cause a shudder in the first sip!!

Shipyards monkeys Fist has the same effect !!

Have you tried Hop Wallop also from Victory?
Or Ithaca Flower Power?
The hop note, not fully balanced to the malt( yet still nicely integrated) has been known to cause a shudder in the first sip!!

Shipyards monkeys Fist has the same effect !!

Haven't had the Hop Wallop. The Victory selections we get around here are somewhat limited. Hop Devil is for me the perfect beer to have on hand. I'm sure I'd like the Hop Wallop, though.

Which beer is the best.

Blatz beer... def the best

Back