Beer!

Because, to be frank, it's a fact.
The USA is at the forefront of the craft beer movement, England makes great cask beers, but those same beers change for the worst on draught or when bottled/canned.

A good number of Scottish beers impressed me on a recent visit.
Williams Brothers "Good Times" was fantastic. My old pals at brewdog with their Punk IPA get great kudos!

One English beer you should try is Timothy Taylor's "havercake ale".
There is a current release(3rd in10 years)!!

Name one beer that is even close to Fullers London Pride or ESB.

Just did.
Pliney the younger, sinks both Fullers London pride and ESB as foes pliney the elder.
Heady topper head and shoulders above both.
Fullers is a mass produced beer, it simply cannot compete with true craft beers, micro beers or nano beers.
Even hobgoblin can't compete.
I'm guessing your experience of American beers is somewhat limited?

So beer, all civilized folk enjoy it.
Which beer is the best.
Not best draught, not best on the wood, just which is best.

I'm saying the best beer on earth is American, I'm sure those in the know, with a palate will agree!!

Big E Double Pint IPA
Port Townsend Bitter End IPA

Real men drink IPA's.

Aye, if your ever in Boston we should go for a pint.
Experience will convince you!
I used to believe as you until I tried the beer over here!
Notice how many British micros and Nanos are copying American styles?

Didn't you say yourself that British and Irish beer are the best in the world? As for serious drinking I fear that my constitution is not what it was, I went on a session with my son at his uni Fresher's Week a few weeks ago and I felt shit for days after.

British Styles, yes I did. My exposure to them is more American though.

British beer is designed for British drinking!
A long Sunday afternoon supping a dozen or two pints of landlord!

Here it's a half dozen on Friday, strong flavour, big body and an ABV kick.

British Styles, yes I did. My exposure to them is more American though.

When I was at my son's university we went into the postgraduates bar and there was an American barman there. He was a rugby player and a real aficionado of British beer, I have to say the selection of real ales there was bewildering, I had only heard of one or two of them.

When I was at my son's university we went into the postgraduates bar and there was an American barman there. He was a rugby player and a real aficionado of British beer, I have to say the selection of real ales there was bewildering, I had only heard of one or two of them.

I really need to travel more. You guys need to be like Turkey; cheap as fuck to vacation in.

The best beer in the world is Guinness. I toured the brewery two months ago. Do you know that they but 75% of the Irish barley crop? Frigging amazing.

One of the best beers for the money is called Matt's, brewed by Matts Brewery in Utica, NY. You can only buy it locally, at least I've never seen it outside of the upstate NY region, and they tend to sell it in drug stores and such. Its a couple cents more than their economy brand, Utica Club. Costco selected them to brew their Kirkland brand, and I buy that by the case for about $18.

Canadian beer is awesome too. It must be the water. I've always been a fan of Molson Lager. When I moved South no one carried it, but about two years ago they started carrying it.

When I lived in NY I could go across the border and buy Molson Export and that was great. Some stores carried Molson Dry for a while and that was fantastic. I haven't seen it since I moved from the Syracuse area.

A farmer freind of mine used to grow Barley in Kerry, lexnow to be precise, Guinness payed 3p more a bushel for 2 row barley than you would get for 6 tow barley.
Of course, back then it cost 2 quid more per bushel to produce!
They made more growing cattle feed.
Guinness, again is mass produced and is a mediocre copy of an English beer!

Canadian beer is awesome too. It must be the water. I've always been a fan of Molson Lager. When I moved South no one carried it, but about two years ago they started carrying it.

When I lived in NY I could go across the border and buy Molson Export and that was great. Some stores carried Molson Dry for a while and that was fantastic. I haven't seen it since I moved from the Syracuse area.
I can't do it!!
Canadian beer, like Canadian whisky seems fake.
But then again, Canada ain't a real country, just a large group of Americans and a large group of French folk who want a monarch!!
I will stick with American Beer!!!

On a serious note though, red Betty from British Columbia is fantastic!!

Back