Beer!

More power to 'em. If the US of A is so stupid as to have the highest corporate tax rate in the world then we deserve having all our business relocate to barges anchored just off the horizon, paying zero taxes.

What the fuck are you on about, I am talking about avoiding UK corporation tax not the US!!

If you like the outdoors... head on up to Alaska... (though I recommend the summer time over now)

Friggin awesome up there. Or you could hit San Fran and do a combo city/outdoors trip by driving over to Yosemite
Not done Yosemite, my west coast adventures have started in San Fran and headed north through wine country in CA, OR and WA.

Not done Yosemite, my west coast adventures have started in San Fran and headed north through wine country in CA, OR and WA.

If you like the outdoors... Yosemite is my favorite National Park. Has pretty much everything you could want. Highly recommend the trip. Especially if you bookend it with weekends in San Fran area.

So Starbucks won't be surprised when there are massive protests outside their outlets.

I make it a point to go to Starbucks at least twice a week and buy a cup of coffee. Not to drink as I detest the stuff, but because I support them as a business for them supporting me and fellow gun owners.

So Starbucks won't be surprised when there are massive protests outside their outlets.

I make it a point to go to Starbucks at least twice a week and buy a cup of coffee. Not to drink as I detest the stuff, but because I support them as a business for them supporting me and fellow gun owners.

They think that creative accounting will be overlooked, well it won't as there will be mass protests outside their outlets.

Starbucks admitted that while it can (quite incredibly) claim that its 700 UK stores are not profitable, through wails of what seemed like crocodile tears, its 30 coffee traders in Switzerland make an enormous 20% profit margin despite never seeing a coffee bean; a fact that the committee could not have helped noting might be related to the 12% tax it pays in that state.

It got worse for Starbucks when it admitted that half its now notorious 6% royalty on sales made was paid to the Netherlands, where it admitted little product development took place but where it just happened to have a tax deal so favourable with the Dutch government that it was not allowed to talk about it, at a stroke confirming this to be tax avoidance, leaving the Netherlands with serious questions to answer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/13/amazon-google-starbucks-tax-avoidance

Back