Beer!

BP stands for British Petroleum... greatest polluter on the planet.

You are starting to sound like a Topspin clone!! Are you going to support the Ecuadorian government in their quest to get compensation from Chevron-Toxico? No, of course you won't because you only give a shit about what happens in the US. How much of that oil in the Gulf reached Colorado anyway?

You are starting to sound like a Topspin clone!! Are you going to support the Ecuadorian government in their quest to get compensation from Chevron-Toxico? No, of course you won't because you only give a shit about what happens in the US. How much of that oil in the Gulf reached Colorado anyway?

Is he only supposed to care about the people in Colorado? I mean he's a Republican and only cares about himself, but regarding a socially well-adjusted person, is that how we are to conduct our society? To people like you, I'm sure the answer is yes. Keep that on your side of the pond along with your "dentists", thanks.

Is he only supposed to care about the people in Colorado? I mean he's a Republican and only cares about himself, but regarding a socially well-adjusted person, is that how we are to conduct our society? To people like you, I'm sure the answer is yes. Keep that on your side of the pond along with your "dentists", thanks.

My God, Darla has finally got round to teeth jokes!! Obviously Toppy has lent her his jokebook. :palm:

If you can try one fresh and local, you may find the hop profile more pleasing.
Fresh and local is the secret to enjoying beer!

I'm taking a trip to Waterbury VT tomorrow to grab 4 or 5 cases of "The alchemist, Heady Topper" canned on the day, shared amongst mates for thanksgiving!!

Possibly( DEFINATLY by my estimation) the best beer in the USA, some say the best on earth !
we have a local IPA that compares very favorably to Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA.....I agree....to hoppy. It's fresh, unfilterd, unpastuerized but just to hoppy for my taste.

Best Beer?

That's like saying what's the sexiest type of woman? Blonde? Redhead? Latina? Asian? Rubinesque? Tall and leggy? Sweet and petite?

Tried em all and loved em all. None was "The Best" (except my wife of course :-)

Same with Beers. Drank many Many very good....some....not so much.

I can list you my favorite Macro/Micro brews.

Macros:
Sam Adams Lager
Leinenkugel orignal
Schlitz 1961 original formula
Rolling Rock

Micros:
Columbus Brewing Company - Summer Teeth (I'm also fond of their pale ale)
Great Lakes Brewing Company - Dortmunder Gold
Carolina Beer and Beverage Co - Carolina Blonde
Spoetzl Brewery - Shiner Bock

Big E Double Pint IPA
Port Townsend Bitter End IPA

Real men drink IPA's.
Meh, depends on what you want in a beer. If you like a highly floral, citrusy and bitter flavor and aroma than IPA's are your cup o tea. I prefer medium hopped beers that are refreshing, with a more malty or cereal flavor and aroma that has a very smooth mouthfeel and drinkability. I'm not into overly hopped beers. Butylated Hydroxyanisole just isn't high up there in my list of favorite flavor profiles. Thus many IPA's are highly over rated snob beers.

No it's not. We fucking learned it from the French. Christ all mighty! Where did you study history??

Paul Johnson pointed out in History of the American People that the American colonists were a virtually untaxed people leading up to the 1760s attempts by the British to draw revenues out of them. As you know, the colonists then proceeded to protest and dodge these new taxes as well. We did not learn it from the French, whom most American colonists despised leading up to the War (religious differences played a big part, as well as viewing ourselves as English, still, and having to fight wars against the French and their Indian allies all led to this hatred). Even after the War, and Treaty of Paris, half of Americans continued to hate the French, and this of course led to some of the biggest political divides between the Federalists and the Jeffersonians.

Paul Johnson pointed out in History of the American People that the American colonists were a virtually untaxed people leading up to the 1760s attempts by the British to draw revenues out of them. As you know, the colonists then proceeded to protest and dodge these new taxes as well. We did not learn it from the French, whom most American colonists despised leading up to the War (religious differences played a big part, as well as viewing ourselves as English, still, and having to fight wars against the French and their Indian allies all led to this hatred). Even after the War, and Treaty of Paris, half of Americans continued to hate the French, and this of course led to some of the biggest political divides between the Federalists and the Jeffersonians.
Sure we did. It was the French colonist who were protesting and dodging the taxes!

Alchemists Heady Topper just declared the worlds best beer!

Fuck that stale European muck!!

American beer!

The best in the world!

How any self respecting Brit can say that is beyond me.
Well if your frame of reference is Budweiser, Blatz and Schlitz you might have a point but you haven't tried the American microbrew scene. 007 is right. Fresh and local is the way to go. Our local micro-brewery is out standing. None of the beers they brew are pasturized or filtered which means they don't have the longest shelf life but they are some outstanding beers.

Their Hefeweizen is the best I've ever drank, great seasonal beer and they make a 60 minute IPA that's comparable to Dogfish head's 60 minute IPA. I prefer their Pale Ale, not quite as hoppy as an IPA but more so than your typical macrolager.

Alchemists Heady Topper just declared the worlds best beer!

Fuck that stale European muck!!

American beer!

The best in the world!
Why do Euro's insist on bottling beer in those wretched green bottles? I haven't drank a European import in a green bottle that wasn't skunky. Ever! The only one I'll drink is Amstel Light, they import in an amber bottle.

Back