Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smuttynose Brewing Company

• Arcadia Brewing Company

• Coors Brewing Company

• Total voters
Hey it's hard to argue with longevity. Yuengling is the nations oldest continously operating brewery so they get my vote as they make an excellent lager. I'm glad Great Lakes gets mention as I drink their products regularly.. There's a lot of great breweries out of PA. I didn't see Latrobe (producers of Rolling Rock, a great pilsner) on the list. Boston Brewing company rates real high in my book too.

Hey it's hard to argue with longevity. Yuengling is the nations oldest continously operating brewery so they get my vote as they make an excellent lager. I'm glad Great Lakes gets mention as I drink their products regularly.. There's a lot of great breweries out of PA. I didn't see Latrobe (producers of Rolling Rock, a great pilsner) on the list. Boston Brewing company rates real high in my book too.

Latrobe was purchased by Labatt Brewing Company in 1987, which in turn was purchased in 1995 by the Belgian brewing conglomerate Interbrew, which merged into InBev in 2004.

In May 2006, InBev announced that it was selling the Rolling Rock brands to Anheuser-Busch, the largest brewer in the United States. This sale, however, excluded the Brewery, leaving an uncertain future for the Latrobe brewery, which only continued producing the Rolling Rock Brands through July 31st, when production was moved to an Anheuser-Busch facility in Newark, New Jersey.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latrobe_Brewing_Company[/ame]

I voted for Stone. It is probably not the most popular with the bulk of craft brew drinkers because their beers are extraordinarily hoppy. My favorite of theirs is Ruination IPA, over 100 IBU's. Then Arrogant Bastard and Double Bastard which are both close to 100 IBU's and are between 9 and 11% alc by volume. If you are a hop head I would suggest you try Stone beers.

http://www.stonebrew.com/

Hey Damo, if you or anyone else in Colorado ever get over to the Western Slope and Grand Junction, they got a microbrewery over there called Rockslide Pub...OUTSTANDING beers.

Zappa, next time I am in the area, I am definitely calling you to get together.

The parents are in Kansas, son is in Durango, I have no excuse!

Hey Damo, if you or anyone else in Colorado ever get over to the Western Slope and Grand Junction, they got a microbrewery over there called Rockslide Pub...OUTSTANDING beers.
Excellent, thanks! Is there any "haunted" places over there? If I can find one of those that we can stay at my wife will let me hit the pubs on any night of a vacation...

:D

Zappa, next time I am in the area, I am definitely calling you to get together.

The parents are in Kansas, son is in Durango, I have no excuse!

OMG! My wife's brother and his family live in Kansas, my big Bro lives in Aztec, NM just across the border from Durango and my mother in law lives in the aforementioned Grand junction.

Let me know when and where and I/we will be there.

OMG! My wife's brother and his family live in Kansas, my big Bro lives in Aztec, NM just across the border from Durango and my mother in law lives in the aforementioned Grand junction.

Absolutely, that would be a hoot!

Excellent, thanks! Is there any "haunted" places over there? If I can find one of those that we can stay at my wife will let me hit the pubs on any night of a vacation...

:D

You might find a haunted B&B in Glenwood Spgs, Lake City or Silverton, but those are a fair piece from GJ. There ought to be something with a bit of "history" in Grand Junction though.

You might find a haunted B&B in Glenwood Spgs, Lake City or Silverton, but those are a fair piece from GJ. There ought to be something with a bit of "history" in Grand Junction though.
I'll find something. The whole family likes to do some unofficial "ghost hunting", even the 5 year old...

Got a good buzz off Dogfish Head Sah'tai last night. Weirdest buzz ever had too. But amazing none the less.

I have a sister in Durango.

Back