Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smuttynose Brewing Company

• Arcadia Brewing Company

• Coors Brewing Company

• Total voters
Pabst sucks. And Miller isn't something to be proud of, either.

Remember the old Miller Beer spots on TV?

"Rillem Reeb"!! Rillem Reeb! Was it aliens or frogs or what? I don't remember. They were the funniest spots I ever saw.

Or how about the old Ranier Beer spots.

RAAAAAAAY! NEEEEEEEEER! BEEEEEEEEEEER! While you hear the sound of a car shifting through it's gears as it accelerates.

Ahhhhhh, good times.

Remember the old Miller Beer spots on TV?

"Rillem Reeb"!! Rillem Reeb! Was it aliens or frogs or what? I don't remember. They were the funniest spots I ever saw.

Or how about the old Ranier Beer spots.

RAAAAAAAY! NEEEEEEEEER! BEEEEEEEEEEER! While you hear the sound of a car shifting through it's gears as it accelerates.

Ahhhhhh, good times.

How about Hamm's?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83xxWCel8g"]YouTube - Hamms Beer Commercial - Vintage Black and White[/ame]

The worst thing that happened to beer in American was when the red neck fashion nazi's decided you couldn't be a good ole boy red neck in the country unless you drink Budweiser.

The worst thing that happened to beer in American was when the red neck fashion nazi's decided you couldn't be a good ole boy red neck in the country unless you drink Budweiser.

This is true. But now that its not American, perhaps change can occur. Weird story about Pabst, though, is that its really popular in Seattle, but down in the Olympia area, everyone drinks Bud Light... Seriously, every bar in Seattle has to have Pabst as the shitty light selection. No idea why.

This is true. But now that its not American, perhaps change can occur. Weird story about Pabst, though, is that its really popular in Seattle, but down in the Olympia area, everyone drinks Bud Light... Seriously, every bar in Seattle has to have Pabst as the shitty light selection. No idea why.
Dude, back before you were born PBR was the most popular brand of beer in the country. Bud didn't displace them till the late 70's. Most popular American mass produced beers owe their watered down flavors to grain rationing during WWII when malted barley was replaced with rice or corn. Miller was the first mass produced beer to go back to using traditional brewing methods after the war but the legacy has continued. Miller came out with Miller light because by then the American pallet had become used to the watered down beer being sold.

Beer afficianado's in this nation owe a lot to the resurgence in quality beer to Yuengling, who somehow managed to survive both prohibition and WWII to remain our nations oldest brewer. They and Sam Adams are really about the only European style traditional lagers to be mass produced in the US (albeit on a limited scale).

Beers in this nation, up until the days of refrigeration were made locally with limited distribution and tended to be more flavorful. Prohibition and WWII killed off most of them and the beer wars of the 70's and 80's killed off most of the rest. Thanks to the rise of local microbreweries Americans have been able to rediscover what a good beer is all about.

Dude, back before you were born PBR was the most popular brand of beer in the country. Bud didn't displace them till the late 70's. Most popular American mass produced beers owe their watered down flavors to grain rationing during WWII when malted barley was replaced with rice or corn. Miller was the first mass produced beer to go back to using traditional brewing methods after the war but the legacy has continued. Miller came out with Miller light because by then the American pallet had become used to the watered down beer being sold.

Beer afficianado's in this nation owe a lot to the resurgence in quality beer to Yuengling, who somehow managed to survive both prohibition and WWII to remain our nations oldest brewer. They and Sam Adams are really about the only European style traditional lagers to be mass produced in the US (albeit on a limited scale).

Beers in this nation, up until the days of refrigeration were made locally with limited distribution and tended to be more flavorful. Prohibition and WWII killed off most of them and the beer wars of the 70's and 80's killed off most of the rest. Thanks to the rise of local microbreweries Americans have been able to rediscover what a good beer is all about.

Yes, I agree. And Seattle, which likes to be weird and different, would be the logical city to still worship Pabst and not drink Bud.

Hey, anyone that can make an IPA taste good has got some mad skillz!!
Deschuttes makes Inversion IPA and it is great. If you don't like hops you should drink some Mike's Hard Lemon so you don't run the risk of bitterness.

Deschuttes makes Inversion IPA and it is great. If you don't like hops you should drink some Mike's Hard Lemon so you don't run the risk of bitterness.

Yeah, I don't like hops. I think next time I buy some more Alaskan I will swipe one of their IPAs off the shelf. I mean, they make a mad Amber and White, so why not a decent IPA?

Yeah, I don't like hops. I think next time I buy some more Alaskan I will swipe one of their IPAs off the shelf. I mean, they make a mad Amber and White, so why not a decent IPA?
Hops is an acquired thing. I didn't start liking hop bitterness until I got to Europe and drank some of the English Ales and IPA's. Beer is a great thing because whether you like it hoppy or Malty well crafted beer is a thing of beauty.

Hops is an acquired thing. I didn't start liking hop bitterness until I got to Europe and drank some of the English Ales and IPA's. Beer is a great thing because whether you like it hoppy or Malty well crafted beer is a thing of beauty.
Not liking hoppy beer is kinda like not liking wine cause it taste like grapes.

No, a well crafted beer is tasty. Scarlet Johansen in a thing of beauty. :clink:

Back