Best Concerts You've Ever Been To...

I dunno, but have no desire to go to Vegas. Nothing personal Desh. Just not a glitz, hubub or gambling type.

Oh me either dude ,I stay the hell away from the strip.

I live miles away from it ins the suburbs.

Its like living in a very young little yuppie town with slot machine banks in every grocery, 711 and gas station.

I dont even see them any more because Im so used to it.

I get bored to tears with gambling.

It is great to have lots of venues to see music and comedy that close though.

Oh me either dude ,I stay the hell away from the strip.

I live miles away from it ins the suburbs.

Its like living in a very young little yuppie town with slot machine banks in every grocery, 711 and gas station.

I dont even see them any more because Im so used to it.

I get bored to tears with gambling.

It is great to have lots of venues to see music and comedy that close though.

comedy ? Just watch CSPAN :D

That house thing was just too funny. Like a bunch of kids fussing.

2002 i think, nobody wanted to go with me to see Joe Walsh with some studio musicians doing just Joe's songs. I bought one front row ticket at a small venue, Celebrity Theater in Phx. What a guitar player. the orange stuff in the gaterade bottle they kept filling for him was vodka, but hey, thats joe.

James Gang tour last year.

Allman Brothers with Derrick Trucks replacing Dickie Betts a couple of yrs ago was killer.

Buckwheat Zydeco a few weeks ago was cool.

Quicksilver Messenger Service, June 17, 1967: the second Be-In, this one in the San Francisco Panhandle.

Yes, I was there. And it rocked. I missed Monterey Pop though. :(

Janis Joplin - Des Moines, IA 1969
Bob Dylan w/The Band - Philly- 1975
James Taylor - outdoors UC Berkeley - 1981
Frank Sinatra(Crystal Room, Desert Inn Vegas) 1991
Chuck Berry (Blueberry Hill - the Duck Room -St. Louis) 2007

Last edited:
Dang, you're old dude

:fogey:

j/k
LOL. Same age as Desh, actually. That just happened to be one of the best weekends of my (then) young life . . . and still is one of the best. It was a blast.

I spent the afternoon wandering up and down Haight -- the upper 5 or 6 blocks were closed to traffic -- eating banana walnut ice cream from the Larry, Sam and Dick ice cream parlor. That evening, we started to paint the dining room purple. Eleven different shades of purple. My mom was a good hippie. :)

LOL. Same age as Desh, actually. That just happened to be one of the best weekends of my (then) young life . . . and still is one of the best. It was a blast.

I spent the afternoon wandering up and down Haight -- the upper 5 or 6 blocks were closed to traffic -- eating banana walnut ice cream from the Larry, Sam and Dick ice cream parlor. That evening, we started to paint the dining room purple. Eleven different shades of purple. My mom was a good hippie. :)

Holy crap - that's when the Grateful Dead were living in the Haight. Cool!

Holy crap - that's when the Grateful Dead were living in the Haight. Cool!
Yah. The Airplane too, though they were over on the other side of the panhandle.

A lot of the most important figures of the Haight scene of the day like to disparage the whole "Summer of Love" thing. They'll tell you that by the time the summer of '67 rolled around, the best of it was already over. They're probably right, but I remember that summer as one of the best times of my life. It was truly amazing, so much so that even a kid of ten knew that it was the sort of thing you'd never see again.

Yah. The Airplane too, though they were over on the other side of the panhandle.

A lot of the most important figures of the Haight scene of the day like to disparage the whole "Summer of Love" thing. They'll tell you that by the time the summer of '67 rolled around, the best of it was already over. They're probably right, but I remember that summer as one of the best times of my life. It was truly amazing, so much so that even a kid of ten knew that it was the sort of thing you'd never see again.

Damn that must have been a truely interesting way to grow up.

In retrospect were there any drawbacks?

Bob Seger, Detroit 2006. Christmas leave before a deployment and my first night back home is spent there. Greatest show ever.

2002 i think, nobody wanted to go with me to see Joe Walsh with some studio musicians doing just Joe's songs. I bought one front row ticket at a small venue, Celebrity Theater in Phx. What a guitar player. the orange stuff in the gaterade bottle they kept filling for him was vodka, but hey, thats joe.

James Gang tour last year.

Allman Brothers with Derrick Trucks replacing Dickie Betts a couple of yrs ago was killer.

Buckwheat Zydeco a few weeks ago was cool.

I saw BB King at Celebrity Theater. Awesome place to see cuz it is so small.

Back