Cuban sidecars and cuban pulled pork.
Old rasputin RIS and devils food cake
Bells two hearted ale and extra sharp vermont white cheddar
Crawdads and knob creek bourbon.

Cuban sidecars and cuban pulled pork.
Old rasputin RIS and devils food cake
Bells two hearted ale and extra sharp vermont white cheddar
Crawdads and knob creek bourbon.

Fish 'n' Chips obviously. Lashings of vinegar and salt. Grease running down your fingers. The heat through the newspaper burning your hands. Sheltering from the summer rain, telling jokes.
Between scalding mouthfulls two fingers raised in the direction of pretentiousness.

I figured Dick-see would've stated a preference for RC Cola and a Moon Pie.

Fresh smoked salmon and rhubarb wine.

Whenever I get friends visiting from out of state I take them up to Hamma Hamma for fresh smoked salmon and a stop by the Hoodsport winery for a bottle of Rhubarb wine. We then go out on the beach to sit by the water or drive up the Skokomish to Staircase for an alfresco lunch-marvelous!

Fresh smoked salmon and rhubarb wine.

Whenever I get friends visiting from out of state I take them up to Hamma Hamma for fresh smoked salmon and a stop by the Hoodsport winery for a bottle of Rhubarb wine. We then go out on the beach to sit by the water or drive up the Skokomish to Staircase for an alfresco lunch-marvelous!

Rhubarb wine! The first wine I ever made. As a child I was determined to surprise my parents and made 2 gallons of the stuff. It was gorgeous! almost a Sauterne. I tried repeating my success the following year but it was crap.

That's a ginger beer float.

Now try this, it is called a 'Gunner'.
lemonade, ginger beer, angostura bitters with a thick slice of orange

Buffalo Rock is a local bottling company here in Alabama. They make a ginger ale that has been around forever, using real ginger and lots of it. It's very spicy, and most younger folk don't like it, but us old timers have a nostalgic connection. I've been eating these floats since I was a boy, and there's nothing like it. I've had regular 'ginger beer floats' and root beer floats, but there is something special about the Buffalo Rock ginger ale, it just makes it better.

Rhubarb wine! The first wine I ever made. As a child I was determined to surprise my parents and made 2 gallons of the stuff. It was gorgeous! almost a Sauterne. I tried repeating my success the following year but it was crap.

It is sweet, which I usually don't care for, but the light floral taste is a great sipper especially when it's paired with salmon. You made wine as a child?

It is sweet, which I usually don't care for, but the light floral taste is a great sipper especially when it's paired with salmon. You made wine as a child?

Certainly. We grew rhubarb and I read something about wine and had a go. I also tried other things that were not as successful. My rose hip syrup was good too. However gallons of the stuff can be a little too much!
I made the wine in a couple of plastic buckets in the pantry then cadged bottles off friends and neighbours. I think it was something like 8lbs of rhubarb and 8 lbs of sugar, cant be certain. Long time ago.
The people who lived next door were making nettle wine, carrot wine and all sorts.

Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale and vanilla ice cream. :)

I love me some Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale. Nothing else like it anywhere that I have found. Tasty stuff, with or without the ice cream.

Certainly. We grew rhubarb and I read something about wine and had a go. I also tried other things that were not as successful. My rose hip syrup was good too. However gallons of the stuff can be a little too much!
I made the wine in a couple of plastic buckets in the pantry then cadged bottles off friends and neighbours. I think it was something like 8lbs of rhubarb and 8 lbs of sugar, cant be certain. Long time ago.
The people who lived next door were making nettle wine, carrot wine and all sorts.

So when you say child...are we talking teenager or a lad of 10? I suppose it just sounds odd a child making wine-though one of my daughters did turn out some very nice jams at 10 :) Are we being nice to one another now?

So when you say child...are we talking teenager or a lad of 10? I suppose it just sounds odd a child making wine-though one of my daughters did turn out some very nice jams at 10 :) Are we being nice to one another now?

I think I would have been about 12 or 13.
I am always nice to people who are nice to me.

I think I would have been about 12 or 13.
I am always nice to people who are nice to me.

As to point 2-not true. You have been nasty without cause to numerous posters over the years Low- but since it is just cyber space I only rarely hold a grudge. I have always thought you had an intelligent wit- if a bit scathing at times.

Back