Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iceland

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The Netherlands

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Finland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Angela Dorothea Merkel (help·info) (IPA: [ˈaŋɡela doʁoˈteːa ˈmɛɐ̯kəl]) (born Angela Dorothea Kasner, 17 July 1954, in Hamburg, Germany), is the Chancellor of Germany.

Thanks Douchebags....

CK

01ecelZdeWgaC

Thanks for coming out losers.....

CK

Germany in English
Deutschland in German

Holland in English
Nederlands in Dutch.

CK it depends in which language. This is really basic stuff CK. You are embarrassing the whole English speaking world here....

Germany in English
Deutschland in German

Holland in English
Nederlands in Dutch.

CK it depends in which language. This is really basic stuff CK. You are embarrassing the whole English speaking world here....

AnyOldIron you dont really know the argument going on here...

And Holland does not equal Netherlands....

That just shows u how stupid you are...

CK

Watermark stop trying to be cute....

The official name for Germany in German is not Deutschland you dumbass...

According to Wikipedia....

Germany [ˈdʒɜːmənɪ] (help·info), officially the Federal Republic of Germany (German: Bundesrepublik Deutschland (help·info),

The official name is Bundesrepublik Deutschland

So you are wrong again, even when you try and be cute you hit and miss like Beefy hits and misses with the woman....

Take for example is there a country called Zealand???? No there is not...

But there is a New Zealand... Is there a country called Arabia? No but there is a country called Saudi Arabia...

So there is no country officially called Deutschland... So you, Damocles, Beefy and the other peeps in the cant get laid department can cry some more and pretend to be cute.....

Try again emo geek...

CK

Whenever a country has an extremely formal title like "Federal Republic of Germany", it's common practice to omit "Federal Republic" in normal speech. BTW, the formal name of Saudi Arabia is not "Saudi Arabia" but "The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia". No one in Germany ever refers to their country as "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" except in extremely formal circumstances, like in parliament, just like Saudi Arabia is rarely referred to as "The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia". The comparison to New Zealand and Saudi Arabia is idiotic because the situation is much different than your country simply having two names.

Oh teh PWNage.

Its not a mistake, whats funny is you here pretending you know anything about Geography.

Like I said PROVE to me that its an official country..... Just because you Damocles say it so doesnt make it so....

Show me, is all Im asking Damocles...

If you cant than admit your error and suck it up...

CK

I'm sorry CK, what was that country "Saudi Arabia" you referenced earlier? That doesn't make any sense to me.

And I hear people talking about the "America" place all the time, WTF is that? And WTF is "Cuba"? And "China? And "Taiwan"?

Would making this point in actual conversation make me a pedantic dumbass?

Yes.

Like I said show me Deutschland is a certified country...

I searched for Holland and it shows me Holland, even though Holland isnt even a country...

So therefore you are wrong.... So let me ask you Damocles is Holland a country?

Like I said show me proof, dont show me a tourist map. Thanks douchebag, Dixie Redux.

CK

Holland is one of the names by which "The Netherlands" is known. You are truly being pedantic acting like only extremely formal names that are rarely used are the only possible way to refer to a country.

AnyOldIron you dont really know the argument going on here...

And Holland does not equal Netherlands....

That just shows u how stupid you are...

CK

Holland is one of two provinces of the netherlands but they had such a great amount of dominance over the rest of the netherlands that most Europeans associated the entire country with Holland, and it became common in vernacular speaking to refer to the country as "Holland". It's not inappropriate at all to do that, there's not only one way to do things in a language.

Last edited:
Back