Ghetto Boys - My Mind is Playing Tricks on Me

Eminem - Mosh

Talib Kweli - I try

-------------------------------------

Some Recent favorites:

Rick Ross - Hustlin'
Kanye West - I can't Live My Life

:rolleyes:
I'm sure somewhere there is a rap song that you like. You just haven't been introduced to it yet.

Actually Damo, you hate jazz too, so your opinions on music is suspect to begin with.

I like Jazz, but rap.......No way. Just not my rythm/beat. And I am not at all impressed by the crowd that generates it.

I'm sure somewhere there is a rap song that you like. You just haven't been introduced to it yet.

Although I dont consider RAP music ... and please dont peg me as a racist for saying that ..because I love the old Motown and Atlantic stuff... Temptations are one of my alltime faves ... yes ..when it comes to music I do live in the past ...

I dig some of the stuff that Tupac did ... and I also like the song from the movie where Michelle Pfeiffer was a school teacher .. Dangerous Minds ...

At the risk of trotting out a cliche, I can name the one that finally convinced me that it's purely a coincidence that "Rap" rhymes with "crap:" Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio.

Although I dont consider RAP music ... and please dont peg me as a racist for saying that ..because I love the old Motown and Atlantic stuff... Temptations are one of my alltime faves ... yes ..when it comes to music I do live in the past ...

I dig some of the stuff that Tupac did ... and I also like the song from the movie where Michelle Pfeiffer was a school teacher .. Dangerous Minds ...

GANGSTA'S PARADISE"!!

Having a roommate at DLI while in the Navy who was a white dorkbot from OK playing "Fuck the Police" by NWA 70 million times pretty much has turned me off all rap for all time. I can't hear it without thinking of a dorky Okie shouting "YeeeHah!" while running down the hall with his KKK hand puppet that he made from his pillowcase....

Having a roommate at DLI while in the Navy who was a white dorkbot from OK playing "Fuck the Police" by NWA 70 million times pretty much has turned me off all rap for all time. I can't hear it without thinking of a dorky Okie shouting "YeeeHah!" while running down the hall with his KKK hand puppet that he made from his pillowcase....
I vote that Damocles is indeed excused. That image would probably put Spike Lee off Rap.

:igive:

Gangsta's Paradise is a decent song, I wouldn't call it crap as "someone" ;) did on this thread. But the lyrics and the flow in my opinion don't elevate it to one of the best of all time. The best part of that song IMHO was the beat, which came from Stevie Wonder.

I see a lot of old school choices, "Sugar Hill", nice picks.

But Dixie, dixie, dixie.....did you just put Nelly on a list of greatest rap songs of all time???? I think Nelly is the poster child for what's gone wrong with rap these days.

Gangsta's Paradise is a decent song, I wouldn't call it crap as "someone" ;) did on this thread. But the lyrics and the flow in my opinion don't elevate it to one of the best of all time. The best part of that song IMHO was the beat, which came from Stevie Wonder.

I see a lot of old school choices, "Sugar Hill", nice picks.

But Dixie, dixie, dixie.....did you just put Nelly on a list of greatest rap songs of all time???? I think Nelly is the poster child for what's gone wrong with rap these days.
Hey, wait a minute! If you're referring to me, I was saying the opposite. I sat down and listened to GP -- after the Grammies -- and that's when I decided that Rap isn't (necessarily) crap. :(

What impressed me about it was the poetry. I almost prefer reading it to hearing it, which I suppose means that it's a flawed piece of music. :)

Hey, wait a minute! If you're referring to me, I was saying the opposite. I sat down and listened to GP -- after the Grammies -- and that's when I decided that Rap isn't (necessarily) crap. :(

What impressed me about it was the poetry. I almost prefer reading it to hearing it, which I suppose means that it's a flawed piece of music. :)

Oh! My bad! I read something completely different. Sorry about that. I stand corrected.

...and by the way, klaatu's a racist.

:pke:

God I hope you are kidding with that .. because I know deep in their hearts ... most of the Mowtown and Atlantic legends would agree with me that a large part of RAP is not music... at least to my ears ... :nono:

Back