Best "Shitty" Beer?

What's the Best Shitty Beer?

• Total voters
Pabst. Its actually tasteable, its far more affordable, and the old brewery is one of the greatest buildings ever.

i dont know why i put shitty in quotes.

I dont think i ever had pbr, but I think I want to now for hipster cred.

i dont know why i put shitty in quotes.

I dont think i ever had pbr, but I think I want to now for hipster cred.

God I hate how hipsters drink it. It makes them want to associate with me, when the fact is I've got literally NOTHING in common with them.

PBR may be popular in Seattle, but it is one of the fucking worst. Blue ribben, my ass.

Gotta go with Miller, hands down, although their commercials are one of the biggest abominations online. They all have one fucking strike against them for calling a lite beer a manly beverage!!! :mad:

PBR may be popular in Seattle, but it is one of the fucking worst. Blue ribben, my ass.

Gotta go with Miller, hands down, although their commercials are one of the biggest abominations online. They all have one fucking strike against them for calling a lite beer a manly beverage!!! :mad:

We used to drink Keystone Light when I was a broke ass punk living In Colorado...now I can afford the good stuff.

I found ANY "shitty" beer was drinkable if you got it down as close in temp to freezing as possible.

If it were high life or MGD you might be in the running, but as it stands, no.

What's the availability of American beers over there Tom? I know you get the big name stuff, but do you have access to stuff like Bells or DogFish Head?

We used to drink Keystone Light when I was a broke ass punk living In Colorado...now I can afford the good stuff.

I found ANY "shitty" beer was drinkable if you got it down as close in temp to freezing as possible.

Keystone is fucking awesome. Its super shitty, but its easily one of the most cost-effective shit beers on the market. For about the same price as a case of Bud Light, you can purchase it and get twice as much volume per can in the process. I have an uncle who is notorious for drinking shit beer, so I have split a few Keystones with him while on camping excursions.

OE800.jpg

What's the availability of American beers over there Tom? I know you get the big name stuff, but do you have access to stuff like Bells or DogFish Head?

Unfortunately we just don't get the good stuff over here, there was a time when they tried to fob off the rubbish on us, like Miller's, Labatts, Michelob and Budweiser. The trouble is we are too blessed with the bounties of Europe and the UK. There is definitely a marketing opportunity for someone to introduce decent US beers though. There was also a time when we fell for Mexican pisswater with a lime on top, so if you can sell that then there must be a market for some real beers.

Last edited:
Back