Best "Shitty" Beer?

What's the Best Shitty Beer?

• Total voters
I like Budweiser. Anything light (or "lite") is terrible without qualification. Undrinkable. I used to enjoy PBR (tall boys, natch), but I ain't cool enough to drink it anymore. Olympia sucks. If it's the water, the water is shitty. Naragansett is the new regional brew but it's sickly sweet. I used to drink assloads of Busch and Milwaukee's Best when I was a younger fellow. Yuengling is the best mass produced lager in America.

Kwijibo.

Need to try better light beers: In 2004, Sam Adams Light was the first American light beer to win a medal at a German beer tasting.

There was no light beer category.

Wow, that totally doesn't sound like anything that came from Sam Adams marketing department.

It reminds me of how Pabst Blue Ribbon boasts about winning a single beer competition a century ago... seriously?

Wow, that totally doesn't sound like anything that came from Sam Adams marketing department.

It reminds me of how Pabst Blue Ribbon boasts about winning a single beer competition a century ago... seriously?

Sam Adams does do well in international competitions though.

Doesn't get any better than this:

pizza_beer_and_boobs.jpg
Those boobs look almost as delicious as the pizza, but Heine is fucking revolting.

I was JUST thinking to myself that what JarJar posted sounds like the tag line from one of their commercials!

I like most of their stuff. I haven't tried the light version because (i) I'm not a huge fan of the Boston Lager to begin with and (2), well, why bother? Right now I have a 4 pack of the Imperial Stout in my fridge but I haven't tried it yet. Their stouts are pretty good, the Oatmeal Stout in particular. Cream Stout ain't too shabby either. The Mrs. enjoys their seasonal offerings so I've got some of that kicking around as well.

Also in the fridge is the Dog Fish Head 90 Minute IPA, which I used to enjoy more than I have this particular 4 pack. Not sure what it is but is seems much sweeter than it used to.

I like most of their stuff. I haven't tried the light version because (i) I'm not a huge fan of the Boston Lager to begin with and (2), well, why bother? Right now I have a 4 pack of the Imperial Stout in my fridge but I haven't tried it yet. Their stouts are pretty good, the Oatmeal Stout in particular. Cream Stout ain't too shabby either. The Mrs. enjoys their seasonal offerings so I've got some of that kicking around as well.

Also in the fridge is the Dog Fish Head 90 Minute IPA, which I used to enjoy more than I have this particular 4 pack. Not sure what it is but is seems much sweeter than it used to.
Is anyone surprized that Dungheap prefers a beverage that is dark, thick, foamy and aromatic?

From what I've heard, Sam Adams is the most well thought of beer from a relatively large company, apparently having started out as a craft beer company. They are probably the only slightly leet beer I can buy in a 100 mile radius. However, his statement did sound like something from their marketing department.

From what I've heard, Sam Adams is the most well thought of beer from a relatively large company, apparently having started out as a craft beer company. They are probably the only slightly leet beer I can buy in a 100 mile radius. However, his statement did sound like something from their marketing department.

Because it did. Jary is....well I don't know what he is yet. And SA is still a craft beer company despite their size. Their line of products is fucking huge.

I'm not a hop head so the 90IPA isn't really my favorite. But those RIS are pretty awesome, can't wait to try their Wee Heavy.

One of my favorite beers is the seasonal Sam Adams Octoberfest. Of course, the October seasonal is amber, so you would expect me to like it. Fucking delicious!

It's a good beer, but for me nothing beats the Old Fezzywig.

I had a few beers from a microbrew in Moab, Utah once...the place was called Eddie McStiff's brewery. they made this amazing Spruce Ale that was THE BEST I have ever tasted. It's only available on tap in a few places, but if you ever get the chance...try some.

Back