Best Song Ever - Round #1

Parabola SUCKED!

This is a list of the BEST FUCKING SONGS EVER, and you guys are throwing out a bunch of mediocore shit!

OK, I'll add it, but if it wins I'm screwing with the results until I get my way.

:)

It was utter shit, nothing barely comparable to the beauty of "Hallujah". All they did in "would" was repeat the same few pointless words over and over again in a droning voice while playing power chords. Any moron can accomplish this.

If there were three things that I could strike from the face of music in one fell swoop, it would be Chromatiscism, the power chord, and the entire concept of a "hook".

New Kds on the Block (gag, heave, retch), but no Hendrix? WTF? How about his cover of Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower"? Dylan was blown away the first time he heard it.

Claptom's MIA too? Damn No "Crossroads" or "Layla"? For shame.

zoombwaz said:
New Kds on the Block (gag, heave, retch), but no Hendrix? WTF? How about his cover of Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower"? Dylan was blown away the first time he heard it.

Claptom's MIA too? Damn No "Crossroads" or "Layla"? For shame.

Great call. All Aong the Watchtower, pre Hendrix. Both were good, but I prefer the original.

A few other Dylans: Shelter From the Storm (my favorite Dylan song), Tangled up in blue, Rainy Day Women, Blowin in the wind. Yeah, yeah, the last two were trendy at some point but the first two are timeless.

Hey, I just copied and pasted the nominations.

I thought the New Kids on the Block thing was a joke, actually. I'm not sure if I put it in the actual poll.

You know Grind, I can pretty much tell from the results that we got that you bullet voted for Paranoid Android. Paranoid Android has 25% of the votes - something that indicates someone wasted their votes on it. This is why you should try to rank things a bit, so that your votes aren't completed wasted.

And about 1/2th of your vote was wasted.

Voting for 1 isn't going to improve that songs chances of winning. You should've AT LEAST voted ranked 5. You're vote is simply wasted, and paranoid android isn't probably going to be in the next rounds.

Last edited:
At the rate you guys are going, there's just going to be 8 votes, and those 8 people are simply going to send their favorites over to the next round.

You know .. maybe greatest Album would have been better .... have everyone list what they think is the 5 greatest Albums ever .. and we can work from there.

BUT .. and its a big one... as a voting block .. We represent a pretty darn diverse cross section ...

Heres my Top 50

http://tinyurl.com/jk87n

gonzojournals said:
ol' Ludwig Van? Is your name Alex, Watermark?
He was quoting my <*ahem*> nomination word for word. And I'd have thought only a cultural illiterate would miss a reference to A Clockwork Orange.

:cof1:

Back