Best Sub shop in the US?

Yurt

Willin to be Chillin
What is your favorite sub shop?

I dream of visiting Philly one day to have a true Philly Cheasesteak.

As it goes, out here, I would have to go with Jersey Mike's, well above Subway.

The chain sub shops aren't nearly as good as the locally owned ones. A friend of mine owns one his father started years ago. He works there every day from opening to closing and he employs mostly family (he's Italian). They make the best subs around. They make their rolls fresh every day, that's gotta be part of it.

It is just a cheesesteak.

And you can make your own

The chain sub shops aren't nearly as good as the locally owned ones. A friend of mine owns one his father started years ago. He works there every day from opening to closing and he employs mostly family (he's Italian). They make the best subs around. They make their rolls fresh every day, that's gotta be part of it.
Local places are always best, aren't they? If we have to go chain, we go Firehouse Subs....they're very decent...‘ better Quality ingredients than the others...‘and they truly give back in so many ways...

Yeah, like ordering your favorite NY pizza from California and making it on your own..... :rolleyes:

it is very easy to make a good cheesesteak

1) find a good roll, amoroso is the best
2) Find a butcher and have him slice up ribeye steaks into thin slices
3) get a flat top griddle
4) chop up the steak on the griddle
5) mix in fried onions and chop up some more
6) slice open roll and lightly spread clarified butter on the roll and place on the griddle
6) put american cheese or provolone on the steak (never use cheese whiz) squirt some water on the griddle and cover
7) once the cheese is melted, take the roll and open it up and place it on top of the meat then use spatula and slide under everything and flip it over

voila, you have a great cheesesteak you made at home

The key is two things

#1 a good roll
#2 good meat to roll ratio

You are very welcome

6) slice open roll and lightly spread clarified butter on the roll and place on the griddle
6) put american cheese or provolone on the steak (never use cheese whiz) squirt some water on the griddle and cover
7) once the cheese is melted, take the roll and open it up and place it on top of the meat then use spatula and slide under everything and flip it over

The key is two things

#1 a good roll

You are very welcome

Poor Yurt

Penn Station is my go to Sub joint. Subway is...where you gotta have a sub but they're the only sub shop available.

Oh no doubt. If you have a decent deli nearby who needs a sub shop?

Local places are always best, aren't they? If we have to go chain, we go Firehouse Subs....they're very decent...‘ better Quality ingredients than the others...‘and they truly give back in so many ways...
Firehouse is good too....but I love Penn Station's hot subs better.

The key is two things

#1 a good roll

You are very welcome

You incompetent fuck up. No one makes an authentic Philly Cheese Steak with American cheese or Provolone. Do it right and get some Cheese Wiz.

I love Subway the classic BMT. We have a Jersey Mike's opening will have to try them.

Jersey Mikes became my favorite. I've tried most chains, and a few local places, but it's still the best. It's also the only one we've never had around. Closest one is a few hours away.

I don’t care for either of those two as they make just a lunch meat sandwich I could make anytime at home. Nothing special.

thats kind of the definition of a sub but the difference is that they should have fresh bread (not SUbway of course though they used to years ago).
Delis are really best as you have a hope of getting better cold cuts and selection. But the topic was sub joints.

Back