Best Sub shop in the US?

You incompetent fuck up. No one makes an authentic Philly Cheese Steak with American cheese or Provolone. Do it right and get some Cheese Wiz.

I've heard that it has to be Cheese Whiz too, but I still think if I were making one at home, I'd use real cheese.

I cannot imagine that Cheese Whiz is actually better, Philly tradition or not.

There's a grocery store chain in the Southeastern US with possibly a few stores toward the Midwest, that's called Publix. Very good quality chain.

Anyway, they've become known for their subs over the past few years.

enhanced-buzz-19419-1376341030-25.jpg

Pretty damn good, and they cost less than most sub shops, too.

What is your favorite sub shop?

I dream of visiting Philly one day to have a true Philly Cheasesteak.

As it goes, out here, I would have to go with Jersey Mike's, well above Subway.

Any local deli where you can actually see them slice the meat and bring the bread out of the oven. No nuking, no stale bread, just fresh veggies and meat. The rest is just advertising.

Any local deli where you can actually see them slice the meat and bring the bread out of the oven. No nuking, no stale bread, just fresh veggies and meat. The rest is just advertising.

I didn't just drool...

That would be awesome to find such a place! Maholo brother.

Oh my bad, what do you call a sandwich shop or are you from another country?
If I want a sandwich or a sub, I go to a deli. Unless I want chicken/eggplant parm, and then I got to an Italian restaurant/pizza place. The OP suggests a choice of chain restaurants. They are never better than a small local place.

I've heard that it has to be Cheese Whiz too, but I still think if I were making one at home, I'd use real cheese.

I cannot imagine that Cheese Whiz is actually better, Philly tradition or not.
It actually is. Just like the best cheeseburgers use American processed cheese.

If I want a sandwich or a sub, I go to a deli. Unless I want chicken/eggplant parm, and then I got to an Italian restaurant/pizza place. The OP suggests a choice of chain restaurants. They are never better than a small local place.

Post thanked

Back