Best Sub shop in the US?

The chain sub shops aren't nearly as good as the locally owned ones. A friend of mine owns one his father started years ago. He works there every day from opening to closing and he employs mostly family (he's Italian). They make the best subs around. They make their rolls fresh every day, that's gotta be part of it.

If the bread isn't top rate,the sub is sub par.

it is very easy to make a good cheesesteak

1) find a good roll, amoroso is the best
2) Find a butcher and have him slice up ribeye steaks into thin slices
3) get a flat top griddle
4) chop up the steak on the griddle
5) mix in fried onions and chop up some more
6) slice open roll and lightly spread clarified butter on the roll and place on the griddle
6) put american cheese or provolone on the steak (never use cheese whiz) squirt some water on the griddle and cover
7) once the cheese is melted, take the roll and open it up and place it on top of the meat then use spatula and slide under everything and flip it over

voila, you have a great cheesesteak you made at home

The key is two things

#1 a good roll
#2 good meat to roll ratio

You are very welcome

Lot of work!
I agree with Yurt,I would want to try a Philly Cheese Steak

They had a Philly Sub,shootout on Travel Channel,the one Phily place used cheese whiz!
Has Philadelphia moved to Ohio?

Yes Genos and Pats use cheese wiz. I know there are places in philly that use it.

It is like a lot of things with cooking. Some people swear by it. For me putting cheese wiz on a cheese steak is like boiling ribs before you smoke em. If you do it, the terrorists win

Well then you obviously have never been to Philly and actually had a Cheesesteak wit (or witout).

You obviously don’t know what you are talking about. Just because you showed up at Pats or Genos doesn’t mean you had a good cheesesteak

Cheesesteaks are like pizza. All personal preference.

You obviously don’t know what you are talking about. Just because you showed up at Pats or Genos doesn’t mean you had a good cheesesteak

Cheesesteaks are like pizza. All personal preference.

I think,I'd go with the cheese whiz.
As for Pizza,anchovies on Pizza,should be a federal offense.

What is your favorite sub shop?

I dream of visiting Philly one day to have a true Philly Cheasesteak.

As it goes, out here, I would have to go with Jersey Mike's, well above Subway.

I haven't had Jimmy John's, but, they're commercials are fun, and I have heard good things about them.

Back