Better with the quotes

Billy posted a wedding picture recently, which is what I was going off of. He actually looks pretty legit in his tux.
Yea I saw that. He did. Pretty little gal he married too.

I wonder what kind of dowry he got?

My wifes dad is a farmer. I suggested a dowry of 4 pigs and 3 goats. He promptly said "No woman is worth 4 pigs". You have to admit, he had me there?

Yea I saw that. He did. Pretty little gal he married too.

I wonder what kind of dowry he got?

My wifes dad is a farmer. I suggested a dowry of 4 pigs and 3 goats. He promptly said "No woman is worth 4 pigs". You have to admit, he had me there?

Best dowry ever went to Mary Kate Danahur when she married Sean Thornton. Of course, he had to put up with her temper.

The John Wayne movie?

Yep, one of my favorite movies of all-time!! Notre Dame even plays the theme song from the film, although I doubt any of the students know where it comes from.

And for the record, I haven't seen very many of his movies. I do come from a family that has, and so they will probably introduce me to dozens of them in the years to come...

If it were my mom's side of the family, I would say near Omaha, but as its my dad's side, I'm not exactly sure. All 4 of my grandparents came outta Nebraska, and one pair of them didn't even meet there!

We used to live outside of Seward and I have a sister that lives in Lincoln.

Yep, one of my favorite movies of all-time!! Notre Dame even plays the theme song from the film, although I doubt any of the students know where it comes from.

And for the record, I haven't seen very many of his movies. I do come from a family that has, and so they will probably introduce me to dozens of them in the years to come...
Nothing wrong with that. The Duke made some great movies. In Harms Way, The Sons of Liberty Valance, The Cowboys, True Grit, The Sands of Iwo Jima, The Green Berets.

You know what's kind of interesting is to watch The Green Berets and then Apacolypse Now. Gives you an idea of how far the nations attitudes about Vietnam had changed in 10 years.

Nothing wrong with that. The Duke made some great movies. In Harms Way, The Sons of Liberty Valance, The Cowboys, True Grit, The Sands of Iwo Jima, The Green Berets.

You know what's kind of interesting is to watch The Green Berets and then Apacolypse Now. Gives you an idea of how far the nations attitudes about Vietnam had changed in 10 years.

I think you got two movies mixed up.
One of them was The Sons of Katie Elder and the other was The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

I always watch his movies, when they come on.

One of them was The Sons of Katie Elder and the other was The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Yeah, for a second there I though he was referencing a sequel. I haven't seen either movie, but I know my uncle likes Liberty Valance a lot.

I stand corrected! The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance was what I meant. The Sons of Katie Elder is a good movie but Liberty Valance is one of the all time great movies ever made. Next to Rooster Cogburn, Tom Donophin was probably his greatest role.

I stand corrected! The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance was what I meant. The Sons of Katie Elder is a good movie but Liberty Valance is one of the all time great movies ever made. Next to Rooster Cogburn, Tom Donophin was probably his greatest role.

No, as I already pointed out, Sean Thornton was his greatest role!!!

No, as I already pointed out, Sean Thornton was his greatest role!!!

If you are talking about John Wayne, I think the Shootist and the Searchers are his best films. There is also a little known film from the 1950s called the Sea Chase where he plays a German captain in WW2, despite making no attempt at a German accent, which is a lot better than it ought to be.

Last edited:
Back