Bible verse of the day

"And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah, saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt." (38:24)

Proverbs 31:6 Give beer to those who are perishing,
wine to those who are in anguish;

7 let them drink and forget their poverty
and remember their misery no more.

and then there is WaterMark's signature verse...
Proverbs 30:2 "I am the most ignorant of men;
I do not have a man's understanding.

3 I have not learned wisdom,
nor have I knowledge of the Holy One.

I love how the bible is to be read literally, cept when it isn't. They're not talking about REAL people WM, you have to know that you're not supposed to read that part literally. Just the rest of it, cept where you aren't.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." (Eph. 2:8-9

"You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone." (James 2:24)

"Give them, O Lord � what will you give them? Give them wombs that miscarry .... Ephraim is blighted, their root is withered, they yield no fruit. Even if they bear children, I will slay their cherished offspring." (Hosea 9:14-16)

God, the abortionist.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." (Eph. 2:8-9

"You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone." (James 2:24)
Justified is not the same thing as "saved"...

Look. I am not a Christian, but I fully understand that Sodom is a place, when the verse speaks of "your sister Sodom", they aren't talking about an actual person. And I can also tell the difference when somebody speaks of "by grace we are saved" and when they say you can tell if they are justified by their actions.

Justified is not the same thing as "saved"...

Look. I am not a Christian, but I fully understand that Sodom is a place, when the verse speaks of "your sister Sodom", they aren't talking about an actual person. And I can also tell the difference when somebody speaks of "by grace we are saved" and when they say you can tell if they are justified by their actions.

Damo, the majority of the Christians in the world are Catholics, and therefore believe in salvation through works and faith. However, the bible obviously contradicts itself on the subject.

• [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to_the_Corinthians"]1 Corinthians[/ame] 6:9-10: "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

• [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_to_the_Ephesians"]Ephesians[/ame] 5:5: "For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God."od."

If salvation were through faith alone it wouldn't matter if you did any of that.

And, although the "saved" and "justified" trope is the distinction without the difference, here's a passage that refers specifically to the retarded protestant contrivance of "saving":

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_of_James"]James[/ame] 2:14,17: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? ...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

And here's another passage contradicting that:

"And if by grace, then it is no longer by works ..." (Rom. 11:6)

Damo, the majority of the Christians in the world are Catholics, and therefore believe in salvation through works and faith. However, the bible obviously contradicts itself on the subject.

• 1 Corinthians 6:9-10: "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

• Ephesians 5:5: "For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God."od."

If salvation were through faith alone it wouldn't matter if you did any of that.

And, although the "saved" and "justified" trope is the distinction without the difference, here's a passage that refers specifically to the retarded protestant contrivance of "saving":

James 2:14,17: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? ...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

And here's another passage contradicting that:

"And if by grace, then it is no longer by works ..." (Rom. 11:6)
I don't really see a contradiction. The verses essentially say, "If you have the faith your actions will match." It doesn't say, "By your actions you are saved" ever in the Bible.

And you have a protestant's skewed view of Catholicism.

I don't really see a contradiction. The verses essentially say, "If you have the faith your actions will match." It doesn't say, "By your actions you are saved" ever in the Bible.

And you have a protestant's skewed view of Catholicism.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_of_James"]James[/ame] 2:14,17: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? ...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

James 2:14,17: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? ...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
Again, the verse says, "If you have faith your actions will match."

It does not say, "You are saved through actions."

Basically it says that if you solely "talk" about your faith but then demonstrate through your actions that you don't believe then you are likely just "talk"...

You seek desperately for contradiction, and believe that after all these centuries with people much smarter than you doing the same that you have somehow come up with some new one. The problem is the one doesn't say what you insist it says.

Again, the verse says, "If you have faith your actions will match."

It does not say, "You are saved through actions."

Basically it says that if you solely "talk" about your faith but then demonstrate through your actions that you don't believe then you are likely just "talk"...

It says that you can have faith, and not have the deeds match that faith. And if that's the case, then you are not saved.

It says that you can have faith, and not have the deeds match that faith. And if that's the case, then you are not saved.
No, it says your faith is dead. It does not say you are "not saved"...

Read the verse, it speaks of your faith, not of your salvation.

Read the whole passage, all of it speaks of faith and not of salvation...

Faith and Deeds
14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[e] and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

A couple of dullards here trying to hash out a nonsensicle fairytale written by old men thousands of years ago.

Herein lies politics today.

Back