Bible verse of the day

Proof god doesn't exist:

1. The creation of the world is the most marvelous achievement imaginable.
  2. The merit of an achievement is the product of (a) its intrinsic quality, and (b) the ability of its creator.
  3. The greater the disability (or handicap) of the creator, the more impressive the achievement.
  4. The most formidable handicap for a creator would be non-existence.
  5. Therefore if we suppose that the universe is the product of an existent creator we can conceive a greater being — namely, one who created everything while not existing.
  6. Therefore, God does not exist.

Proof god doesn't exist:

2. The merit of an achievement is the product of (a) its intrinsic quality, and (b) the ability of its creator.
  3. The greater the disability (or handicap) of the creator, the more impressive the achievement.
  5. Therefore if we suppose that the universe is the product of an existent creator we can conceive a greater being — namely, one who created everything while not existing.

That's the stupidest argument ever.

Proof god doesn't exist:

Watermark does not exist - GOD

I love how the bible is to be read literally, cept when it isn't. They're not talking about REAL people WM, you have to know that you're not supposed to read that part literally. Just the rest of it, cept where you aren't.

dude, you do realize you are selecting verses from the prophets, right?..........when you're butt ugly and have no idea what you are talking about, you ought not post......by the way, not that it matters much, but are you the one with the bayonet or the one with the parrot?......

Damo, the majority of the Christians in the world are Catholics, and therefore believe in salvation through works and faith.

????....no they don't....Damo is right, though the Catholics use the concept of "sanctification" to explain it......

The accurate Catholic position on salvation is Catholics believe that we are saved by God’s Grace. Without God’ Grace that first moves us, both to believe in Him & Christ and to obey His commandments, we cannot reach our salvation. The teaching that Grace precedes all our actions in relation to our salvation was declared by the Catholic Church in Council of Orange in 529 AD and reaffirmed in the Council of Trent in 1547.

If anyone says that God has mercy upon us when, apart from his grace, we believe, will, desire, strive, labor, pray, watch, study, seek, ask, or knock, but does not confess that it is by the infusion and inspiration of the Holy Spirit within us that we have the faith, the will, or the strength to do all these things as we ought; or if anyone makes the assistance of grace depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, “What have you that you did not receive?” [1 Corinthians 4:7], and, “But by the grace of God I am what I am” [1 Corinthians 15:10].

Canon VI of Council of Orange

For, whereas Jesus Christ Himself continually infuses his virtue into the said justified,-as the head into the members, and the vine into the branches,-and this virtue always precedes and accompanies and follows their good works, which without it could not in any wise be pleasing and meritorious before God,

Council of Trent, Decree on Justification XVI

If any one saith, that without the prevenient inspiration of the Holy Ghost, and without his help, man can believe, hope, love, or be penitent as he ought, so as that the grace of Justification may be bestowed upon him; let him be anathema.

Council of Trent, Canon III of the Decree on Justification

http://vivacatholic.wordpress.com/2007/08/25/salvation-by-faith-works/

It says that you can have faith, and not have the deeds match that faith. And if that's the case, then you are not saved.

look at it this way, WM....the bible says we are saved by our faith.....the bible also says that faith without works is dead......what are the odds you can be saved by dead faith?......

look at it this way, WM....the bible says we are saved by our faith.....the bible also says that faith without works is dead......what are the odds you can be saved by dead faith?......
I think the confusion is where they assume that belief = faith. If that were true, Satan and his host would be "saved", they would all believe by definition. It isn't enough to just believe.

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. - Luke 19:27

If you were a true Christian, PMP, you would kill me.

"Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." - Gen 19:8

Lot, what an honorable man. Offering up his daughters for the rapin'.

Isn't it bizarre, that in this tale, the most immoral thing that Christians can seemingly find is that they wanted to rape two guys, and that rape would've been homosexual? Just goes to show how morally bankrupt Christians are.

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. - Luke 19:27

If you were a true Christian, PMP, you would kill me.

you didn't read the whole passage.....I have to wait until the Master returns home and judges what you did with the talents he gave you.....

"Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." - Gen 19:8

Isn't it bizarre, that in this tale, the most immoral thing that Christians can seemingly find is that they wanted to rape two guys, and that rape would've been homosexual? Just goes to show how morally bankrupt Christians are.

?????....do you somehow think that the Bible presents Lot as being "honorable"?......verse 29 says he spared Lot for Abraham's sake, not for Lot's........I would think this incident would make you realize how bad Sodom was.....Lot had obviously been hardened to the point that he thought what he offered was an acceptable alternative......consider what society must have been like in the years he lived there.....

as another example, in the next chapter Lot's daughters get him drunk and commit incest......obviously Sodom was a lovely place to raise children......

Last edited:
here's your verse for the day, WM...
Proverbs 19:1
Better a poor man whose walk is blameless
than a fool whose lips are perverse.

They weren't "guys" they were angels. Odd that the first alternative he thought to protect "people" was handing over daughters who would later drunk-rape him.

i heard on one of those bible shows once that protecting your guests was like the most honorable thing you could do in that part of the world.

Genesis 25:30 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
He said to Jacob, "Let me eat some of that red stuff, because I'm exhausted."

for those folks who argue that Christianity is an "exclusive" religion.....

Revelation 7:9
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Proverbs 29:20 (New Living Translation)
There is more hope for a fool than for someone who speaks without thinking.

Back