Biden pens letter to Democrats: ‘It is time to come together’

That's correct. The overall polling was very accurate in predicting the popular vote. State by state voting was less accurate, and the margins were very thin. But on the morning of the election, 538, who I consider the gold standard on polling analysis, had Clinton as a 75% chance to win. In baseball, that's about the odds that a given batter will make an out. But a player for the Minnesota Twins just reached base in 13 consecutive at bats. A small sample size was the reason that everyone talked about how wrong the polls were. Understanding statistics and probabilities is the key to understanding polling data. I think if the election had been held a week later, the polling shift after the Comey announcement would have been more pronounced, and the odds smaller. Polling has become less reliable, almost certainly due to the advent of mobile phones as the primary phone in almost every household. I don't think the methodologies have caught up yet.
The other thing to consider about polling is that it doesn't account for Electoral Voting. Hillary had 3 million more votes, but that doesn't really matter when the president isn't decided by popular vote.

The other thing to consider about polling is that it doesn't account for Electoral Voting. Hillary had 3 million more votes, but that doesn't really matter when the president isn't decided by popular vote.
Polls are meaningless. And usually wrong.

Polls are meaningless. And usually wrong.
Nope. In fact, if you actually pay attention to mid-terms, state and local elections, polls are generally accurate. People with a 15 point lead in the polls often win by a large margin. The recent AZ governor election was basically a toss-up in the polls and Hobbs won with 50.32% of the vote while Lake had 49.65%.

Nope. In fact, if you actually pay attention to mid-terms, state and local elections, polls are generally accurate. People with a 15 point lead in the polls often win by a large margin. The recent AZ governor election was basically a toss-up in the polls and Hobbs won with 50.32% of the vote while Lake had 49.65%.
Hillary was President. You convinced me.

Hillary was President. You convinced me.
giphy.gif

Biden is too liberal for the conservative Democrats.
Only explanation.

Kennedy was killed because he was too liberal. At least the Dems are 'assassinating' him in public.

Back