Big Lawns: Bad For The Environment And Racist

On the thread topic: Jesus Christ, is there anything climate alarmists won't complain about? And the race card is hilarious. Lawns prevent erosion in many situations. This is so childish, it's fantastic. This does more harm than good for the alarmist mission. I love it. Teach your children that the landscapers are racists also, after all, they work with the racist lawn owners.

My "city home" HOA doesn't allow "noxious plants" in the front yard. Some have complained about my front yard vegetable garden, and I ax'd them what was noxious about peppers and eggplants? :D

I blame the sun for killing my lawn... or the kids who play football in my back yard!

There’s a basketball goal in my yard. My boy is 15. He and his friends keep it pretty wore. Prompted me to do a sermon one time that I titled “ Grass Doesn’t Grow Under The Basketball Goal.” My BIL likes to keep a well manicured yard. He asked my why I let my boy keep his goal on the grass or why I don’t just pour a pad? The answer to both questions is the same. My boys time with me is temporary...the grass will grow back. I like having a large yard....and a big porch. Very large Sycamore trees surround the house. My view from the porch is my garden spot with the ridges I grew up hunting in the background.

Edit: I do keep the grass cut short. Got to watch for copperheads and rattlesnakes around here.

My yard has a fence that has ivy growing so profusely it's essentially fused with the fence. So I trimmed it as close as I could and let it keep growing. It's been about 4 weeks and the shit grew two feet up and three feet out on both sides of the fence. Never seen shit grow so fast. The lawn needs to be mowed after three days but I only do it once a week because fuck! I'm fucking busy.

Damn you CO2!

I do not know who "Muqing M. Zhang" is, and have never heard of his Twitter.
What he wrote obviously sounds stupid.

If you are genuinely interested in reading stupid-racist stuff, just patrol this board for a while. I never cease to be amazed at how many conservatives here are overt racist swine.

As to lawns, we live in a desert. It is just stupid and wasteful to try to import the Midwest and have a big ass green lawn. In Tucson, we did not have a single blade of grass, but we had rock gardens and desert landscaping...and it looked freakin' awesome!

We are on the verge of a point-of-no-return climate change paradigm, in which our droughts will get worse, heat waves more persistent, and precipitation patterns altered and more unreliable. Big ass green lawns just ain't gonna cut it anymore, jack!

Applause :hand:

This thread is much ado about nothing. It's stupid.

This is the opinion of one writer .. that's it. No one else calls lawns 'racist.'

Ca tends to jump on anything that paints the left in a bad light .. even when it doesn't make any sense whatsoever .. and he does so while completely ignoring the mountains of racism on his own side of the fence.

It sounds plausible, those bright green lawns probably do sequester a lot of CO2. And if chems and fertilizers are applied sparingly and mostly absorbed by the grass, it may be a good thing. But how many people actually don't over apply lawn chemicals?

I use zero chems or fertilizer on my lawn.

We have some lawn here but we don't use that stuff either. We are on a bluff overlooking Lake Superior; anything we put out in the environment ends up in the lake eventually. The grass is slowly being overtaken by native plants and plantain ("White Man's Footstep" as the natives call it here) that we keep mowed. Well, more accurately, Mr. Owl keeps it mowed. I suppose in years to come it will eventually be all plants and no grass, and that's okay.

Yep, same here, unless I'm planting new grass. Then I use a little starter fertilizer, but very sparingly.

I have thought about getting a spike aerator/spreader and spreading a little leaf compost on my main lawn around the house.

This is why the other progressive liberals don't befriend me.

I play golf and drive a Grand Cherokee with a hemi V8.

Nobody's perfect.

lawns don't work well in Florida unless iy's St Augustine grass -which is really a crabgrass.
It's much better to use indigenous plants - but most HOAs won't allow them

floridafriendlyartkathyard.jpg

That is really pretty!

On the thread topic: Jesus Christ, is there anything climate alarmists won't complain about? And the race card is hilarious. Lawns prevent erosion in many situations. This is so childish, it's fantastic. This does more harm than good for the alarmist mission. I love it. Teach your children that the landscapers are racists also, after all, they work with the racist lawn owners.

Lawns are racist. :rofl2:

We have some lawn here but we don't use that stuff either. We are on a bluff overlooking Lake Superior; anything we put out in the environment ends up in the lake eventually. The grass is slowly being overtaken by native plants and plantain ("White Man's Footstep" as the natives call it here) that we keep mowed. Well, more accurately, Mr. Owl keeps it mowed. I suppose in years to come it will eventually be all plants and no grass, and that's okay.

Plantain is my mortal enemy. Decent, God-fearing plants don't need to be mingled in with that riffraff. :D

That IS fucking nutzo... the racist part, that is. People who live in uber wealthy suburban areas are super conscious about how their property is perceived by their neighbors. The well-manicured and perfectly-landscaped property matters to them. But not enough to maintain it themselves. They typically hire landscaping companies, that typically hire (at least where we used to live) illegals to do the hard work. Our next door neighbor in STL was a perfect example. Her lawn mowers and landscaper ppl were Hipsanics who didn't speak much English. I'm not sure why that's racist though. It's more like being a hypocritical Trump supporter, like she was. Scream about illegals taking our jobs, hire them to do the work you're too fucking lazy to do yourself.

How in the world can anyone attempt to keep up with the Joneses without humans to treat as property?

Back