Bigots who don't know they are bigots

Beefy

Worst gambler ever
I run into these types quite often, in fact often enough that it makes me uncomfortable to know how many of them are out there.

The other day at work, I was waiting for the elevator and one of the lawyers thats a tenant on the same floor as my company says to me "I can't believe Obama even has a chance at winning. Its unamerican, and its not because he's black and all that bullshit we her them crying about all the time, but we're going to elect a muslim who never even knew real father, as usual, to run our country." I'm paraphrasing a little here, but not much.

Most of the time when you hear the disclaimers, ie. "it's not that they're black, but...", or "I'm so not a racist, but...." or "I have a lot of gay friends, but...." that you know you're about to hear some broad brushing stereotype of a group of people who the speaker understands little about, and is bigoted against, often while masking his bigotry by convincing himself that he is really just observing some sort of ugly reality, and that he is entirely objective.

There are several of those here, can anyone name them?

I actually do not have any Gay friends right now. Not many out here in hillbillyland. They either hide really well or move to Lexington or Louisville.

I actually do not have any Gay friends right now. Not many out here in hillbillyland. They either hide really well or move to Lexington or Louisville.

I'm not really worried about you us. You're a lot of things, a LOT of thing, but you're definitely not a bigot. :clink:

I run into these types quite often, in fact often enough that it makes me uncomfortable to know how many of them are out there.

The other day at work, I was waiting for the elevator and one of the lawyers thats a tenant on the same floor as my company says to me "I can't believe Obama even has a chance at winning. Its unamerican, and its not because he's black and all that bullshit we her them crying about all the time, but we're going to elect a muslim who never even knew real father, as usual, to run our country." I'm paraphrasing a little here, but not much.

Most of the time when you hear the disclaimers, ie. "it's not that they're black, but...", or "I'm so not a racist, but...." or "I have a lot of gay friends, but...." that you know you're about to hear some broad brushing stereotype of a group of people who the speaker understands little about, and is bigoted against, often while masking his bigotry by convincing himself that he is really just observing some sort of ugly reality, and that he is entirely objective.

Well, unless it’s something like, “ I don’t think cons should be put in camps, but let’s be honest, no one really wants them living next door?”, then chances are I am not the guilty party.

beefy

WHAT?!!! Because I call you out on your hourly skewerings at the hands of everyone here, even bad trolls?

Where is this kind of blind hate coming from?

SF is being skewered by DH and Onceler as we speak.
Onceler has started to use the F word.

That COULD be the reason or it could be they know the angle that they are going to get or could be attacked with and preemptively fend off that argument. We see it all the time on here.

Liberals try that quite frequently with me whenever I show negativity on inner cities (as they presume I am talking about minorities) even though I have consistently said that whites in those areas don't fare any better with more government dependence.

Well, unless it’s something like, “ I don’t think cons should be put in camps, but let’s be honest, no one really wants them living next door?”, then chances are I am not the guilty party.

Being anti con is based on attitudes not race, sex, etc...

they are a wide open target.

That COULD be the reason or it could be they know the angle that they are going to get or could be attacked with and preemptively fend off that argument. We see it all the time on here.

Liberals try that quite frequently with me whenever I show negativity on inner cities (as they presume I am talking about minorities) even though I have consistently said that whites in those areas don't fare any better with more government dependence.

Its pretty easy to tell the difference dano. That's why i referenced the anecdotal story in my office tower. I hear that stuff all the time. Even in Liberal Hawaii.

WHAT?!!! Because I call you out on your hourly skewerings at the hands of everyone here, even bad trolls?

Where is this kind of blind hate coming from?

wow... everyone is so sensitive today.... I was just being an ass...

<insert obligatory Darla joke here>

wow... everyone is so sensitive today.... I was just being an ass...

<insert obligatory Darla joke here>
I've noticed. It's been funny though. They act like something bad is in the polls for their guy or something. But it is all contrary to reality so that can't be it.

I don't know what got them so touchy today, but it has been some fun.

I've noticed. It's been funny though. They act like something bad is in the polls for their guy or something. But it is all contrary to reality so that can't be it.

I don't know what got them so touchy today, but it has been some fun.

I dared question the sanctity of the messiah... that always gets them riled.... good little lemmings that they are.

Is there anybody who's not a bigot? Mother Theresa maybe? Can people really honestly say that they don't at some point look at people and judge them negatively based on something?

Bill Clinton never knew his father.

Bush did however

Back